Ca%lterm
09-17-2023, (Subject: Ca%lterm ) 
Wink Ca%lterm
Hello all,
I think I may have been scammed??
How much does CT software cost and Where do it get it?
New to all this and need some help. Just paid $200 for the "CT 5.5", but have not received the download?
replyreply
RE: Calterm
First of all, the CT software is NOT for sale by the engine maker. - They do not supply it to anyone, not even the OEM truck stealers$its.

This means that any place you find it for sale, it has been ehemm... "gotten", and cracked by someone illegitimately.

I have heard of people paying like $50 bucks or so to have someone install it for them, simply because it is not the easiest thing to find working copies on the www yourself, etc... but not typically for the amount you have mentioned.

so... yeah, I would say you had gotten taken for a bit of a ride, unless they remoted in to your PC + went out of their own way to install it properly, etc. .. and helped you legitimately + gave you all the support files for your engine ,etc.

I can't blame fault on someone for wanting a few bucks to take the time to install something on someone else's computer, and deal with all the headaches of making it work too. they would be providing a service (and not just simply a copy if a pi$rated sw) afterall ... but ...

You said you have not received anything. SO this really sounds like that you got taken, if you got nothing in return.

Sounds like something that one of those crooks off those auto-tuning wwwsites would do. Those engine sw and tuning sites are places that are filled with crooks, impersonators, narcissists, bad delete files galore, and all kinds of other shady type of folks that are trying to get $$$ out of anyone who comes along and don't know any better.

BTW: There is no legitimate way to obtain working copies of that CT sftwre, .. but at the same note, it is on the www in various shady places, usually for free if someone looks hard enough for it. The older version 3.17 (from 2017) is actually quite a bit better than the version you mention by the way... and can still be updated with the latest engine support, thus far any ways.

The unfortunate side of things is that insite and CT are BOTH very necessary tools to have, for both repair shops so that they can troubleshoot, back up/restore people's engine files properly, and for truck owners who work on their own equipment, and to have, especially if they have any kind of custom programming done (delete, etc) at all, for the same reasons.

I mostly blame the red engine maker for putting truck owners in that situation, where they need to have illegitimate softwa#reze just to keep their truck on the roads to begin with. If you ask me, they should supply the damn troubleshooting sw for free with every engine sold, just to compensate for the horribly designed after-garbage systems and under-trained OEM facilities that people in commercial trucking have to put up with.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88 , JHeavy_Hauler
RE: Ca%lterm
Yessir… what Rawze said. I’ve got pcs with ct 3.17, 4.7, an 5.5. My go to is always 3.17. It’s easier to use, set up simple…. Well more simple, easier to install, and does exactly the same thing the others do.

User's Signature: You can’t buy love, but you can rent it for 3 minutes!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JHeavy_Hauler
Bummer...... I really wish I would have found this forum about a month sooner!!!
Would have really changed my view on buying a truck with modified emissions. Anyway, nothing I can do know but make the best of it. Thank you Rawze and Bengy88.

So the truck is a 2014 Freightliner 122SD with the ISX15. Picked it up this Friday at the auction site. On site mechanic confirmed it had been de-mandate and sure enough, 500 miles down the road, check engine light comes on with spn 641 fmi 9 / 11. Guaranteed bad program!
Got the truck home now! Scared to drive it until I can get this figured out. At this time it would be financially devastating to my working capital to revert back to stock emissions. Thanks in advance for any advice!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88
(09-17-2023 )JHeavy_Hauler Wrote:  Bummer...... I really wish I would have found this forum about a month sooner!!!
Would have really changed my view on buying a truck with modified emissions. Anyway, nothing I can do know but make the best of it. Thank you Rawze and Bengy88.

So the truck is a 2014 Freightliner 122SD with the ISX15. Picked it up this Friday at the auction site. On site mechanic confirmed it had been de-mandate and sure enough, 500 miles down the road, check engine light comes on with spn 641 fmi 9 / 11. Guaranteed bad program!
Got the truck home now! Scared to drive it until I can get this figured out. At this time it would be financially devastating to my working capital to revert back to stock emissions. Thanks in advance for any advice!

(all common rail model ISX'S)...
you need to also check, and replace the fuel pump guts (due every 400k miles or the engine gets totally destroyed with no warning) to prevent total engine destruction without warning ... you need to go thru the whole engne and do overhead valve adjustment, all maintenance up to date + a rail leak-down test before calling it even remotely ok to drive.

ensure a Maint.free crank case filter is installed, proper check to ensure ALL 3 of the cans under the truck are 100% hollowed to the bare metal, Proper block-plate between egr cooler and cylinder #1. etc.etc.

Sounds like you have a lot to learn and do towards properly owning that red engine so that it does not end up torn up.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(09-17-2023 )JHeavy_Hauler Wrote:  Hello all,
I think I may have been scammed??
How much does CT software cost and Where do it get it?
New to all this and need some help. Just paid $200 for the "CT 5.5", but have not received the download?
It's possible if you bought this on ebay or the like and the seller doesn't know you need help installing it. These guys never go out of their way in terms of customer service-trust me!!
Especially if you are dealing with guys living in their parents' basement!
So I would check again and maybe reach out to the seller

User's Signature: 36-25-34
replyreply
09-18-2023, (Subject: Ca%lterm ) 
I am very new at this so......where would one find the proper information to adjust valves for a my particular engine, or is the information on your youtube video pretty standard? TIA
replyreply
09-18-2023, (Subject: Ca%lterm ) 
(09-18-2023 )JHeavy_Hauler Wrote:  I am very new at this so......where would one find the proper information to adjust valves for a my particular engine, or is the information on your youtube video pretty standard? TIA

Nevermind....I found quickserve.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98
09-24-2023, (Subject: Ca%lterm ) 
(09-17-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  ...
(all common rail model ISX'S)...
you need to also check, and replace the fuel pump guts (due every 400k miles or the engine gets totally destroyed with no warning) to prevent total engine destruction without warning ... you need to go thru the whole engne and do overhead valve adjustment, all maintenance up to date + a rail leak-down test before calling it even remotely ok to drive.

ensure a Maint.free crank case filter is installed, proper check to ensure ALL 3 of the cans under the truck are 100% hollowed to the bare metal, Proper block-plate between egr cooler and cylinder #1. etc.etc.

Sounds like you have a lot to learn and do towards properly owning that red engine so that it does not end up torn up.

Thank you Rawze for the tips and needed direction. I have almost completed all of your suggestions! I have an idea I want to run by you on checking piston condition just for further peace of mind.

I have a bore scope camera and want to run it into the cylinder to take a look! What would be the best location to access the cylinder to take a peek? Is this something would would even recommend?

.......a few hours later and I watch one of your videos scoping the cylinder after you pull and injector!!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.