mystery air loss
09-21-2016, (Subject: mystery air loss ) 
mystery air loss
When I park my truck to sleep im losing all my pressure. i dont hear any air leaks and it doesnt matter if im loaded empty or bobtail. any takers?
replyreply
RE: mystery air loss
Get your soap filled spray bottle out... I have had a leak like that for three years... No clue where it is leaking out. Check the air dryer, those plastic push pull connectors get dirty and allow air to leak. Could be a brake chamber too, or a pin hole in a line somewhere under the truck. Also check the lines from the splitter on top of the transmission, you might have to go in through your boot to get to those... In the dash too where the valves are...

Good luck.
replyreply
Mine was doing the same. Leaking from the brake foot valve could barely hear the hiss but it drained my tanks. Problem is it wasnt that valve. It was the ABS relay valve under the 5th wheel. It was pushing air back to the foot valve.
replyreply
disconnect your height control valve rod, and inflate your air bags and then run your hand around each bag to see if you have air coming from your bags.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
(09-21-2016 )hhow55 Wrote:  disconnect your height control valve rod, and inflate your air bags and then run your hand around each bag to see if you have air coming from your bags.

Yup. I had dame problem, airbags had cracking.

I also had a faint leak at the top of my tranny.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
i fixed the air leak top the tranny and one at the bulkhead. those were really noticable. my airbags are getting some cracking on bottom like a tire thats been sitting in the sun for awhile
replyreply
(09-21-2016 )1mattrichert Wrote:  i fixed the air leak top the tranny and one at the bulkhead. those were really noticable. my airbags are getting some cracking on bottom like a tire thats been sitting in the sun for awhile

Replace them, I had the same issue, and went up to FleetPride and bought four new ones. They had a good price, I think around $120 each for Continental Brand bags. Dealer wanted around $180 ea for the Firestones... I have had mine on going on two years, they are working fine... Took me an hour or maybe two at the most to install in the driveway.
replyreply
10-forkin thanks brock
replyreply
hey brock so ur saying if my bags are weathered on bottom even if i cant hear them leaking there still losing air
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.