ISX to X15 swap headache. PLEASE HELP
09-18-2023, (Subject: ISX to X15 swap headache. PLEASE HELP ) 
ISX to X15 swap headache. PLEASE HELP
I have a 2015 International 9900i my father bought at auction. Truck is in pretty good shape structually. I believe the truck came with an ISX, and a good guess would be it dropped a valve, regardless, it now has a 2017 date code X15 in its place. I have a laptop with INSITE on it and with just clicking around, I feel like everything is mix matched. The engine according to the valve cover is 450hp/1750 tq CPL 4342, build date 05/17. The ECM has 2350 EF10054.42 stamped on the side. According to what I found, the engine serial number doesnt match between the valve cover and what is in the ECM. The ECM code according to INSITE is 10044.76. We drove the truck home 400 miles and it didnt use a drop of DEF, but it didnt smoke either. Im assuming is has been DE-MANDATED. Any help would be great. The truck ran fair going down the road, but was low on power, it idles erratic and hard starts. We aren't trying to jack the power up. Just want it to run good, if we could actually get 450hp/1750 tq that would be great. Im fairly confident the exhaust has been gutted due to a welded on patch, so I will have to work around that. I am very new to INSITE, so if you could walk me through or link me to a thread on how to download the program so it can be reviewed, that would be great. I wouldn't have purchased this truck, but for the price and physical condition my father did and now we are stuck with someone elses project. Once again, thanks for any help and thanks for allowing me to join. I posted this in the PC help section also.
replyreply
09-19-2023, (Subject: ISX to X15 swap headache. PLEASE HELP ) 
RE: ISX to X15 swap headache. PLEASE HELP
It sounds like a complete mess actually. I hope you got that truck it on the cheap.

Gimme a ring when you have time to BS about it so that i can find out exactly what you have there. I PM'd you my number.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
09-19-2023, (Subject: ISX to X15 swap headache. PLEASE HELP ) 
It wasn't a good enough price to where I would have bought it. But yeah, its a mess. The way it idles, I can't believe it made it home. Thanks for the response, I'll call you when I get a chance.
replyreply
09-24-2023, (Subject: ISX to X15 swap headache. PLEASE HELP ) 
Ok, so here I am so far with the truck. After a very informative conversation with Rawze, who told me about quickserve and how to pull wiring diagrams and MUCH more, I've made some improvements. Erractic oil pressure and low voltage on 5v sensor circuit number 1 ended up being a damaged Crankcase pressure plug, it was completely ripped out of the harness. Isolated that and the truck is now reading 32 psi at 650 rpm at temp. The shutting down and hard starting ending up being a loose
12volt connection to the ECM, I chased my tail on that one for a while, but when the ECM suddenly stopped communicating with INSITE, it kind of pointed me in that direction. So now, the truck has zero codes that I am able to see with my basic skills and it fires right up and runs well as far as idling and yard driving. My next thing is trying to figure out why I am not reading any RPM on the turbo. I pulled the sensor and I can not find any numbers on it. The truck has a reman turbo, and I believe from the numbers it is an ISX turbo and not a X15 turbo. That being said, I dont know if there is a difference between the two turbos and the two sensors. If the ECM was showing zero rpm, and not setting a code, I am assuming it is being ignored. What would the ECM need the turbo rpm for? FYI, the harness is the original ISX harness with two wires for the turbo speed. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2 , Will144
09-25-2023, (Subject: ISX to X15 swap headache. PLEASE HELP ) 
The X15 turbos have a 3-wire RPM sensor if I am not mistaken, and the CM2350 turbo's have the older style 2-wire sensor.

If that turbo has the 2-wire sensor and the wiring harness plugs into it properly, then I would say leave it alone.. or replace the sensor with the same type, but do not try to upgrade/replace the turbo or sensor at this point.

And yeah, the engine uses that sensor to help protect the exhaust and turbo.. and I think you mentioned that it already has a crappy delete file in it, so it could be disabled as far as anyone knows.

-- Once you get it close as you can, you need to take a trip over here, as you are only an hour from me ... and we can straighten out the programming + set that ecm to run an X15 properly.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88
What would be the issue with removing the 3 cans out of the exhaust system instead of gutting them and just putting a muffler on? The truck is obviously de mandated, so the point of keeping up "appearances" doesnt seem like a priority. Opiniond?
replyreply
(09-25-2023 )Orangecar89 Wrote:  What would be the issue with removing the 3 cans out of the exhaust system instead of gutting them and just putting a muffler on? The truck is obviously de mandated, so the point of keeping up "appearances" doesnt seem like a priority. Opiniond?

Keeping up appearances is actually important for its future. I also would not recommend it for disconnecting everything electrically under there too, as it screws up the J1939 network.

replyreply
Good point
replyreply
Yeah the J1939 is scattered all through the emissions system.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.