Cm870
09-22-2023, (Subject: Cm870 ) 
RE: Cm870
(09-21-2023 )Benjamin9669 Wrote:  ... I heard a big clanking sound and a shi#t ton of white smoke that the cars behind me couldn’t even see in front of me. Does this sound like an injector tip breaking off or more of overhaul time? ...

That describes a hole burned thru a piston, more-so than an injector.

running the engine with 260+F, overheating oil temps will certainly cause a piston to get a hole burned right thru it. So again, .. if some complete dumbar#se told you to run it with an overheating oil system, .. then that can absolutely cause catestrophic damage like that!.

I HOPE LIKE ALL H#ELL you don't let them work on it!!. especially if they gave you that bad advice.. and you might even have grounds for a lawsuit on your hands if they did the work.. and you voiced your concerns properly right away ... and they proceeded to tell you to run it with the oil system overheating like that! ... But especially so, if they installed the new coolers, and forgot / left out the damn thermostat!!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Benjamin9669
For the two weeks it was mint and ran at 235 which I figured there was a tstat because it went to 242 and dropped back down most the time. When the oil temp issue started again. I would get it to 250 and throw the fan on and work the turbo more and it brought it down. But then more so. Got worse and worse and I knew it was screwed by the time I got delivered because it was getting bad where the fan wouldn’t pull it down without stopping.
replyreply
At this point I’m hoping for a shitty injector but I am going almost certain it is overhaul
time. Thank you rawze. If anybody else has any other input let me know.
replyreply
Point of view and interpretation

User's Signature: Have you checked your muffler bearings today?
replyreply
If the oil cooling system was like a cat c15 or Detroit 60 series then the oil would be same temp as the coolant. That was the unwritten part that f my post.

With the ISX oil circuit if there was no stat then yes my statement was incorrect.

There is no way to run an ISX without a stat without modifying the factory setup to cause constant flow through the coole and that’s a bad idea. If your oil temp is high you have a serious issue.

I would replace everything. Stat, gaskets , and instal a new cooler. If a mechanic argues that your ISX don’t have a temp stat go somewhere else.

User's Signature: Have you checked your muffler bearings today?
replyreply
Well that’s where I was a bit confused. Because if it had a tstat. Than when it was running up to 235 the whole day under pull and than occasionally run to 242 and drop that it how I was guessing there is one. After that it was pulling over 260. I knew after the Jake quit working and the oil temp started climbing after running 235 for two weeks after the cooler was fixed that something internal was going. Two weeks the cooler was working it was running 235 and after that something internally failed. Is what I was guessing.
replyreply
09-29-2023, (Subject: Cm870 ) 
(09-22-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  
(09-21-2023 )Benjamin9669 Wrote:  ... I heard a big clanking sound and a shi#t ton of white smoke that the cars behind me couldn’t even see in front of me. Does this sound like an injector tip breaking off or more of overhaul time? ...

That describes a hole burned thru a piston, more-so than an injector.

running the engine with 260+F, overheating oil temps will certainly cause a piston to get a hole burned right thru it. So again, .. if some complete dumbar#se told you to run it with an overheating oil system, .. then that can absolutely cause catestrophic damage like that!.

I HOPE LIKE ALL H#ELL you don't let them work on it!!. especially if they gave you that bad advice.. and you might even have grounds for a lawsuit on your hands if they did the work.. and you voiced your concerns properly right away ... and they proceeded to tell you to run it with the oil system overheating like that! ... But especially so, if they installed the new coolers, and forgot / left out the damn thermostat!!.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
09-29-2023, (Subject: Cm870 ) 
Ouchhhhhhh lol

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
09-30-2023, (Subject: Cm870 ) 
Sad.. Sad indeed. All of which could have been prevented with proper care, regular maintenance, etc. and good driving habits of that $40,000 engine.

With that much debris in it, and if it can be inframed, then you also need to treat it just like the common rail engines that get metal shavings pushed thru them while you are at it...

All of this stuffs needs to be done as well...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid78193

So it looks like that new oil cooler has to go in the trash as well.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.