ISX15-CM2250 running rough cold help?
11-08-2023, (Subject: ISX15-CM2250 running rough cold help? ) 
ISX15-CM2250 running rough cold help?
Hello.

Scratching my head on a 2012 T800 with an ISX15@450hp-CM2250 with 500k.
Customer bought it at an auction and appears to be really well taken care of. It is de-mandated and tuned to 550hp, but I have really no other history on the truck. It has block off plates and a gutted filter.

It runs like crap cold though. Lopes and Surges coughing black smoke, once it is warm though it runs great and no smoke. No engine codes through insite.

I have leaked down injectors, cut-out test, new fuel and filters. Someone already replaced the fuel pump actuator, pressure sensor as they all look almost brand new. I even sent the injectors in to be tested and clean bill of health. I also can't find anything in the harness, overhead was rigth on and cam looks great.

I'm at my wits end, I suspect it is the tune but have never run into this before. I really cant see it being something deeper but any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
replyreply
11-09-2023, (Subject: ISX15-CM2250 running rough cold help? ) 
RE: ISX15-CM2250 running rough cold help?
More than 90% of all de-mandate programming out there is bad, shortens engine life significantly. If the person who owns it cares at all about it, then the programming needs to be reviewed regardless of how it seems to run.

Copy the program out of the ecm and e-mail it to me for a proper review of what someone did. After copying it out, flash the latest revision of the exact factory program into it according to its ser#, back into the engine from the engine maker. - See if the problem clears up when running the exact factory program that belongs in the engine.

This will help eliminate the programming being the culprit. On the very remote chance that the programming is actually not bad, after it has been properly reviewed, then it can just simply be copied back in if it was in fact ok.

Also, will it pass a properly done injector rail leak test???>
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid75483

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 68shifter
Thanks.

Yeah I followed your leakdown instructions as part of all the initial stuff.

I have not emailed a copy of the program before, is there instructions on the site somewhere for that. Thank you.
replyreply
https://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?...5#pid72945

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 68shifter
11-11-2023, (Subject: ISX15-CM2250 running rough cold help? ) 
Yeah you or your customer posted in the other forums, be carful over there, lots of hack jobs

User's Signature: Repairing Demandates 1 Truck At A Time
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , Rawze , 68shifter
11-12-2023, (Subject: ISX15-CM2250 running rough cold help? ) 
(11-11-2023 )RollinCoal Wrote:  Yeah you or your customer posted in the other forums, be carful over there, lots of hack jobs

I guess some people have to learn the hard way after they tear up their equipment a few times I suppose.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
11-13-2023, (Subject: ISX15-CM2250 running rough cold help? ) 
Side Note here;;;I was in Cummins Shop San Antonio,Tx buying parts..Coolant filter and shut off valve o-ring for the coolant filter, Im installing an Espar Coolant heater and draining all coolant with fresh Coolant!
I was overhearing a Service advisor telling a owner operator with 454k’ You most likely have a Blown valve because compression is coming up thru the valve cover and mechanic recommends Overhaul , He was pissed’ How can it be that and engine can’t last 500k before and overhaul’ screw that I’m going out off business’ this is ridiculous ..
I feel for these guys’

Another one of My friends had better luck ‘ 2018 Kenworth X15 performance with 550 hpr just had total out frame by Cummins White Bear Lake, Mn $45,890.00
Camshaft Lobes were the original problem but He let it go kept running and it tore the rest of the engine up..
replyreply
11-13-2023, (Subject: ISX15-CM2250 running rough cold help? ) 
(11-13-2023 )Pd6cas2 Wrote:  Side Note here;;;I was in Cummins Shop San Antonio,Tx buying parts..Coolant filter and shut off valve o-ring for the coolant filter, Im installing an Espar Coolant heater and draining all coolant with fresh Coolant!
I was overhearing a Service advisor telling a owner operator with 454k’ You most likely have a Blown valve because compression is coming up thru the valve cover and mechanic recommends Overhaul , He was pissed’ How can it be that and engine can’t last 500k before and overhaul’ screw that I’m going out off business’ this is ridiculous ..
I feel for these guys’

Another one of My friends had better luck ‘ 2018 Kenworth X15 performance with 550 hpr just had total out frame by Cummins White Bear Lake, Mn $45,890.00
Camshaft Lobes were the original problem but He let it go kept running and it tore the rest of the engine up..

That is the results when you abuse and neglect your equipment... then blame the equipment. The repair shops .. especially the OEM stealers$its ... are no better any more these days either.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2
11-18-2023, (Subject: ISX15-CM2250 running rough cold help? ) 
(11-11-2023 )RollinCoal Wrote:  Yeah you or your customer posted in the other forums, be carful over there, lots of hack jobs

No doubt.

I’m not very up on the forum stuff but someone else mentioned to try it. Asked one question then had a dozen guys wanting to re-delete it for 2-300 bucks.

Bengy on here helped me on here. Found timing issues and a bunch of crap on the old tune. Sounds like they put different ecm calibration in, then just shut everything off.

Runs much better now and customers happy.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.