X15 2450 low power high fuel consumption
11-21-2023, (Subject: X15 2450 low power high fuel consumption ) 
RE: X15 2450 low power high fuel consumption
(11-20-2023 )tree98 Wrote:  The first thing I would do is put the original program back in and see if there's a noticeable difference.

I did ask the dealer if we could just to see if it made a difference. He didn't think they could do that. I do have insite is there a way I could do it? He mentioned going on a drive, recording data, then sending to oem to analyze ( sounds expensive).
replyreply
11-21-2023, (Subject: X15 2450 low power high fuel consumption ) 
Just pm’d you instructions on how to do this. He don’t think they can do that because he has absolutely no clue what’s going on with your truck or how to figure it out.

User's Signature: You can’t buy love, but you can rent it for 3 minutes!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Will144
12-03-2023, (Subject: X15 2450 low power high fuel consumption ) 
Well I did managed to get the original program back in to the ecm. I ran it a week and I think the response is back also nothing weird ( runs smooth no intermittent miss). However, I am still down on mpg, seems excessive. From what I'm seeing when running on the flat is egr opening to 80percent. Once it hits that the throttle valve starts closing to say 50 percent. If I hit a hill egr will start closing to say 30 percent. So, could it be trying to reduce nox? If so what causes high nox in the first place? Could it be worn injectors cause this? I'm probably over thinking this, but that's why I'm here.
replyreply
12-04-2023, (Subject: X15 2450 low power high fuel consumption ) 
Watching your egr open and close with insite isn't going to tell you anything at all. The ECM uses a series of tables to calculate what it wants from the EGR valve and you aren't going to be able to make heads or tails of it.

Your higher fuel consumption could be a LOT of different things. Have you done an injector leakdown test with insite ?

You also need to pressurize the entire engine(block off both sides of the turbo and put 30 psi of shop air into the cold side) to check for boost leaks.

What's your regen history look like in insite? Is it trying to regen constantly? This can consume more fuel than usual.

You said you found evidence of coolant when you removed the DPF. Your DPF could be weaker now depending on how much coolant has gone through it. Liquids wash away the precious metals and make the engine regen more often, which like I said will cause higher fuel consumption than normal.

I gotta ask........ are your tires low on air? Brakes hanging up?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Will144
12-04-2023, (Subject: X15 2450 low power high fuel consumption ) 
(12-04-2023 )tree98 Wrote:  Watching your egr open and close with insite isn't going to tell you anything at all. The ECM uses a series of tables to calculate what it wants from the EGR valve and you aren't going to be able to make heads or tails of it.

Your higher fuel consumption could be a LOT of different things. Have you done an injector leakdown test with insite ?

You also need to pressurize the entire engine(block off both sides of the turbo and put 30 psi of shop air into the cold side) to check for boost leaks.

What's your regen history look like in insite? Is it trying to regen constantly? This can consume more fuel than usual.

You said you found evidence of coolant when you removed the DPF. Your DPF could be weaker now depending on how much coolant has gone through it. Liquids wash away the precious metals and make the engine regen more often, which like I said will cause higher fuel consumption than normal.

I gotta ask........ are your tires low on air? Brakes hanging up?

The egr part, I wasn't sure if that was normal. Not knowing exactly how it works. My speculation it was maybe pulling to much exhaust pressure thus acting like a leak.

I went back to the truck today and did the injector leak down test again. It lost about 200 psi in 2 min.

As far as pressuriziing the system I will have to get a better plug system. I was able to remove the cross over tube pull the intake cross heads and pressurize to 25 psi (its a homemade tester made of pvc so I'm a little scared of it. Lost pressure very slowly. I believe at the clamps, they were the only thing that bubbled with soapy water. Today I plugged the exhaust and egr pipe with plumbing plugs and shot air into the exhaust back pressure port on the manifold. One joint on the exhaust manifold had small bubbles, the old manifold was much worse.

Regening at a little over 100 hours apart. The last regen, 2nd since cleaned, was 1103 intake temp1098.3 outlet temp with 1.9 differential pressure.

Double checked tires 125 on steers 100 on drives. I did forget to shake the calipers today, but I do on a regular basis so I don't think they're hanging up.
replyreply
12-05-2023, (Subject: X15 2450 low power high fuel consumption ) 
How much more fuel are you using now compared to before?

So did putting the original program back in restore the power back to what it was?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
12-05-2023, (Subject: X15 2450 low power high fuel consumption ) 
(12-05-2023 )tree98 Wrote:  How much more fuel are you using now compared to before?

So did putting the original program back in restore the power back to what it was?

Looking back at records, I think the fuel consumption started before everything else. The mileage is down 1- 1 1/2 miles to the gallon. With a little less power. Seems like I have to put my foot in it more.

The original program did make a noticeable difference. It seems to run and pull much better( doesn't fall flat on its face). It's acting like a leak but I haven't found anything significant. Like I said I'm going to order a plug kit designed for a cac system. It was falling flat on its face at 60 mph empty.

Also there was a guy on social media asking if he needed to calibrate his ecm because he installed a new egr cooler. I'm sure whoever sold it to him told him he was supposed to. I commented don't do it, mine hasn't ran right since. Another guy told me to bring it back he had the same problem. I don't know what they did, but the dealer told him internet dropped while calibrating his the first time.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.