black oil non egr isx500
09-21-2016, (Subject: black oil non egr isx500 ) 
black oil non egr isx500
hello all,

have a non egr isx500 with 1.2mil miles and made around 50kmiles on it so far
popped up a head cover and front cover at repair shop and I ve been told it looked really clean.

Problem is oil is black even when I change it. I assume that around one gallons is left during oil change. But after the oil change it is black. I have other trucks and I know what black means.

I did oil change twice by myself and twice and Speedco Gary,In asked for oil analysis,but their machine is mostly down.

Any thoughts?

I have two other isx with egr engine 1.1-1.2 mil and the oil there turns dark brown but never black.

I have time and would like to keep the engine running so please advice on some steps I can take and extend my knowledge on this.
Thank you.

Edit: I can change the oil twice the same time if it might help.Also dropped oil pan at last oil change there was nothing at the bottom of the pan too.It looked really clean.
replyreply
RE: black oil non egr isx500
shi#t man. my oils blacker then a black hole by the time the fresh oil hit's the bottom of the oil pan. 500isx demandated and all but I do that oilfield idle thing far too much. You'll probably have to do a couple real short oil change intervals to get it cleaned up.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
Oil in my engine has not been black for over 900k miles now. it only ever turns darker brown, but then again, I get really high fuel mileage and don't idle at all. We are usally loaded anywhere from 28k in the trailer to 45k lbs.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Just wondering if custom tuning would help the oil stay cleaner longer. Mine is a non egr isx.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
09-23-2016, (Subject: black oil non egr isx500 ) 
(09-21-2016 )hhow55 Wrote:  Just wondering if custom tuning would help the oil stay cleaner longer. Mine is a non egr isx.

It likely would if it is done right, but the rest of the engine needs to be in good shape too though.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.