2003 volvo isx15 cm570 issues
03-12-2024, (Subject: 2003 volvo isx15 cm570 issues ) 
RE: 2003 volvo isx15 cm570 issues
(03-12-2024 )Magnat1976 Wrote:  Rawze, I have no idea how to do this...I am not so skilled mechanic.
I imagine I am asking so many questions...especially about Ecm and software...
That bug could be fixed with new software on new ecm?
I made a small donation and will do more,if you are willing to help me out.thanks

you need the Insite software and a cheap inline-6 adapter to see whats going on with the fuel flow.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
03-12-2024, (Subject: 2003 volvo isx15 cm570 issues ) 
I do have it..insite and chinese inline 6.
replyreply
03-13-2024, (Subject: 2003 volvo isx15 cm570 issues ) 
(03-12-2024 )Magnat1976 Wrote:  Hello People,it's been a while,how you doing?
I like to ask your opinion..I been working and spending a lot of money on my truck...I like my old truck and miss how it ran before..
If I haven't spend so much money I would change to newer one,but I also don't like modern trucks...with Def and cheap machinery.
What I've done recently all suspension, tires everything in top shape..
On engine..now its has 860 k.300k after cummins dealer overhaul,I bought just after overhaul,cummins did everything everything except injectors...I have paperwork..
I replaced all sensors,all fuel solenoids (brand new),all fuel check valves,engine harness...and truck still acting really weird..intermittent...power loss,vibrations,sometimes more blow by,more smoke...
I was about to replace injectors,turbo..but this week,I discovered...when I disconnect power cable from batteries truck runs differently most likely as it use to be..softer,smoother and powerful..but for a day or two..
I suspect it could be engine ECM...but absolutely no fault codes...
Is it possible that Emc,software, hardware malfunctioning, with no warnings?I imagine it's 21 years old
I am about to buy the oem ecm,for my truck only rx ,no new ecm available and it's 2500$...+ plus programing..been thinking to look for used one,but who knows,it can be same
Please share your experience and thoughts. appreciate in advance
I can certainly relate to your hesitancy to having newer modern truck. I thoroughly liked having my old Kw900 and it was difficult letting go. However when i had my 2010 t660 my profitability really soared and was very glad to have made the transition to newer equipment. And i still think about the good times i had with the old w900 and the sentimental value is still carries to this very day.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magnat1976
03-15-2024, (Subject: 2003 volvo isx15 cm570 issues ) 
My complaint is lack of power,seems that i have 200 hp,not a 450hp under the hood..low torque under the lower rpms,and feeling that i pulling empty container as a loaded...at at idle runs not bad,maybe a bit noisy,and boo voo boo sound thru exhaust...revs feels lazy when i try to rev on idle..at 11-1200 rev...there's vibration from engine.and all those symptoms disappear from time to time,but it become very rare.like i mentioned when it disappears truck runs amazing,smooth, quiet,powerful, stable..everything worsen at winter time

No oil consumption, coolant, no pressure, clear,not much smoke,mpg is around 7,but i am pulling light loads and half work is running with empty equipment....

read all posts about cm570 on your forum...

First thing I did installed boost pressure and egt gauge,that gauge I clamped on exhaust manifold...usually max .I have is 22psi,rarely 25psi...and egt 500f...

As you mentioned, I did injector leak,no bubbles at all.

Measured fuel pressure of pumps,electric about 10 ps,gear pump 100 at crank,250 at 1500..same readings thru inline(I bought Crack software and chinese adapter)

It not hurt the Ecm?once the road speed readings disappeared while I connected this adapter..

Ran cylinder balance tests,few times ,I attach pics...

Cylinder cut out tests,there is noticeable changes,on all cylinders,but not huge...weak injectors?they are from factory.

I have had thoughts about to replace injectors, or pull them out and bring for testing...

What do you think about it?

Then I replaced all 4 fuel actuators, not rebuilted, but new ones,whole engine,engine brake harnesses,pressure valves on ifsm..,crank,cam shaft,boost pressure sensors,engine damper...

All that advised,guys on the forum,and no noticeable improvements..

Recently I found that when I disconnect main cable from batteries, truck behavior changes for better,but not always,and just for a day,or less,or until the restart...that's why I started to think about ECM,I should have new today or tomorrow..and bring it to cummins for programming...I hope they will not mess up with programming..initially they said that I need programming from volvo as well,I said why?it's just an engine ecm...

From your experience, cummins install the latest and updated software for old engine?

And still possibility of that bug that you mentioned about limiting fuel supply?
replyreply
You keep complaining about buggy software and are somehow fixated on it ... but I ALREADY TOLD YOU HOW AND WHAT TO LOOK FOR TOWARDS THIS KNOWN ISSUE IN THEM!!!. -- RE-READ MY POSTS ABOVE!!!.

You say you replaced all those components too.. DID ANYONE UPDATE THE SOFTWARE IN THE ECM RECENTLY TO GO WITH ALL OF THIS?. Sensors, solenoids, etc. and their specs get updated every so often and it takes updating the ecm software to ensure they are all a match and agree with each other.

Has anyone re-flashed the ecm with the latest updated factory software recently?.

DOES THE PROGRAM MATCH THE ENGINE SER#?. that is another issue all in itself if some moron put a different program in it to 'make more power' and now it has some ghost problems down the road.

If all that was done that you claimed has been already done, and to no avail ... then the next thing to do is monitor the engine in Calterm and pay particular attention to the fuel control state. Find out what is in control of the fueling when the power is being held back. There are more than 200+ different reasons that the ecm can hold back its power/fueling. Here are settings to monitor...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid58693

Things like fuel-air-mix, turbo rpm, and all sorts of other things that will not throw faults but hold it back. Heck, it can even be commanded to hold it back from the cab controller, ABS system, tranny, the fuel pedal itself not going to 100% all the time, an altitude sensor reading high, .. you name it ... etc.etc.etc..

It can even be jumping engine operating modes on you for some sensor reading incorrectly, and resetting again after you fiddle with stuffs. - Again .. CT can reveal this.

THAT ECM WILL TELL YOU EXACTLY WHY it is not allowing full output... even if there is a software problem.

.. it is otherwise anyone's guess if no one bothers to actually monitor whats going on inside that ecm.

Post the different fueling state codes that appear while its being held back, that show up in CT on here and I will translate them for you.

HECK... it can even be the ecm itself failing.. especially if it is much more than 8+ years old too.

also, is this an automatic tranny truck?.. or a stick?

Also. it also sounds like you have low boost to me... for one reason or another.

clogged exhaust maybe?...
One easy test is to disconnect the exhaust from behind the turbo and take it on a short test drive. See of the power picks up. If it does, then the exhaust is clogged somewhere.

Another is to ensure there are no CAC and boost, or exhaust leaks. A CAC test kit.. and/or pressurizing the entire engine to find any other leaks in unexpected places.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magnat1976
Hi Rawze,thanks again.
I am listening, learning,taking advises as I admit,that I am not experienced, and have no knowledge as you do...
That's why I am here..talking to hard working guys,as I am and appreciate being here
No,no and no to all your row of first questions...my truck since I never been at cummins or updated...
Sounds dummy, I thought that no updates on that age engines,and imagined that sofwr and hardw.is factory spec.
I have new Ecm received today...and will bring to cummins next week...they asked old ecm as well to transfer parameters from it...
Your advise,what to ask them to do,to not mess up with new unit?transfer parameters, programing,calibration and updates?
We test CAC last year,was no leaks,I have 5 inch exhaust piping and mufler replaced last year as well.
But you could be right about boost...but boost depends on fuel supply and performance?
I had 1 time oil leak on hot side of turbo ,when was really cold 1.5 Mont ago....wind chill feeling-40 c...fuel been freezing and engine ran on few cylinders...
No smoke,no leaks,no oil consumption after that...
Do I need to think about turbo replacement?
Another question about cylinder test
I have
cylinder 105
2nd-107
3rd-90
4th-93
5th-102
6th-102
Front bank 100,rear 98
This at 655 rpm.
1st-98
2nd-99
3rd-84
4th-83
5th-119
6th-117
Front 93,rear 105 at 848 rpm.
What does it say?
Crack insite,and chinese inline adapter is safe to use?
replyreply
Yes it's stick,13 speed,no cab controller
Where to get Calterm?
replyreply
Make an appointment at Mr Haggs.

Haggai Truck Center
(678) 688-8107

https://g.co/kgs/tnmUSZz

They are slow right now and can probably get you right in.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
03-16-2024, (Subject: 2003 volvo isx15 cm570 issues ) 
Thanks Tree I am in Chicago
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.