CM870 Fuel filters
12-03-2023, (Subject: CM870 Fuel filters ) 
CM870 Fuel filters
I have an 06 International tandem dump truck with a CM870. I have a 15 micron spin on on the engine and a Davco with a 25 micron. I recently ran a fuel tank cleaner and biocide in the fuel tank and have been having issues with the 15 micron clogging up within a few thousand miles. Seems like the fuel tank treatments have definitely stirred up lots of junk in the tank. I’m wondering if it’s okay to put a 10 micron filter in the Davco until I can get the junk in the tank cleaned up. I know that makes the 15 micron useless but at least I can visually monitor the Davco and keep it changed until the fuel tank gets cleaned up. Thanks
replyreply
12-03-2023, (Subject: CM870 Fuel filters ) 
RE: CM870 Fuel filters
All I have ever run on my Davco is 8 or 10 micron filters.

Since you stirred up a lot of gunk, ... keep spare filters and the wrench handy until you get it all cleaned out. Change the Davco filter whenever the fuel gets/is staying all the ways up to the black line at the top of the filter.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hemiterry , Toolguy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.