Isx15 2250 choking
12-11-2023, (Subject: Isx15 2250 choking ) 
RE: Isx15 2250 choking
(12-11-2023 )Samvelm83 Wrote:  
(12-11-2023 )NDISX15 Wrote:  
(12-11-2023 )Samvelm83 Wrote:  
(12-11-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  Just some speculation...
could also be the the turbo locked up at 100% closed, choking the exhaust so badly that it cannot stay running.

someone could test this by removing the fitting/pipe clamps and bellows (or at least make a gap) where the manifold makes a u-turn and goes into the egr cooler. Open up the exhaust manifold so that it can breathe ... and see if the relieved pressure from the manifold allows the engine to keep running.

If the turbo is locked up then the acutator would throw an error code, right?

Not necessarily. I've seen many turbos/VGT Actuators fail in 90+% closed positions before and never trip a light/code. Last one I saw was 100% locked closed and only way we got it to run long enough to get it indoors was to pull the bellows off the manifold to the EGR cooler so it could breathe. Pulled the actuator and the turbo VGT was seized at 93%. If it starts and runs after removing that bellows, pop the VGT actuator off and verify the position of the turbo. Or try to run the VGT Hysterisis test in Instite.

Aftert getting it running I did the VGT Hysterisis test and it passed.
I believe the primer pump is the problem.
When the primer pump fails does it throw any error code?
Sometimes the lift pump (primer pump) can cause fuel pressure codes if it can't keep up with the demand for fuel from the high pressure injection pump in turn creating codes for low pressures in the rail......but like tree said, not always. Usually in my experience, if the primer pump starts going you'll get random shut downs, and you'll have to wait a couple of min to get it to restart again and you have however long until it shuts off again killing the engine until it just won't run anymore.

Is this truck demandated?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Samvelm83

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.