ISX demandated questions
12-13-2023, (Subject: ISX demandated questions ) 
ISX demandated questions
So I have a demandated(reliable source) 2016 ISX15 CM2350. 350,000mi.

All sensors are original except:
exhaust pressure
Intake pressure (imap)
Pressure relief valve.

Besides rebuilding the fuel pump @400k what other sensors need to be replaced. I saw this talked about on a post for a mandated truck but I'm not sure what sensors aren't used for a demandated truck.
replyreply
RE: ISX demandated questions
If you replaced your IMAP and exhaust pressure sensor at the time of demandate, you should be good to go for quite a while. None of the other sensors that get replaced during an EGR tuneup are used after a demandate. Do a fuel system leakdown test every 3 months or so to keep tabs on the system, and rebuild your fuel pump at the proper intervals like you mentioned and your good to go.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Tony
(12-13-2023 )tree98 Wrote:  If you replaced your IMAP and exhaust pressure sensor at the time of demandate, you should be good to go for quite a while. None of the other sensors that get replaced during an EGR tuneup are used after a demandate. Do a fuel system leakdown test every 3 months or so to keep tabs on the system, and rebuild your fuel pump at the proper intervals like you mentioned and your good to go.

Should I still replace those two about every year?
replyreply
No the engine is no longer eating its own soot so now those sensors will last much longer.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
It will be good to check the Exhaust Gas Pressure sensor once in a while with Insite
key on engine off just to see if it still shows the right value. Have to be very close to barometric pressure. Usually 30 inhg +/- . This sensor still reads the exhaust so it can get plugged. Make sure that you always buy Genuine one from cummins dealer, not aftermarket one. I even saw aftermarket ones in cummins package . Prongs inside sensor have to be brass/gold color, aftermarket ones are silver.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , ktblogistics
I wish they would crack down on the fake OEM parts... Instead of truck drivers.

What is everyone's opinion on oil change intervals. My manual says 25k -45k mi depending on fuel mileage. 45k mi seams really high but I know oils have come along way. Is doing 25k mile intervals with a demandated truck overkill?
replyreply
(12-13-2023 )Tony Wrote:  I wish they would crack down on the fake OEM parts... Instead of truck drivers.

What is everyone's opinion on oil change intervals. My manual says 25k -45k mi depending on fuel mileage. 45k mi seams really high but I know oils have come along way. Is doing 25k mile intervals with a demandated truck overkill?

I always changed mine when it would begin to turn dark..........Usually about 15-20k

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: schISM
for the isx...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid76569

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.