Oil Filters, what's your opinion?
09-24-2016, (Subject: Oil Filters, what's your opinion? ) 
Oil Filters, what's your opinion?
I'm going to be doing another oil change on my new-to-me truck with a cm871. First change I put on a Fleetguard because that's what my shop had. I've used Donaldson a lot in the past on other trucks too.

My question is: is there a universally accepted "must use" brand of filter? Or is it a matter of personal preference?
replyreply
RE: Oil Filters, what's your opinion?
Just for kicks ,well we are on the topic what do you fellers think of wix filters

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
I'm a mechanic and been using wix xp filters for the past 4 years after having a lot of problem with fleetguard LF9080 filters splitting around the top and leaking oil. So far on standard drain intervals the oil samples show less soot with the wix filters.
replyreply
I have always used fleetguard. Never did me wrong, and my oil stays brighter color for longer than with any other brand I have tried. Then again, my oil does not turn black, and stays bright yellow for about 10,000 miles at a time or more.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
FleetGuard here too... Same experience as Rawze in regards to oil... Right now at 10,000 miles there about, and I just checked it, still clean and a nice yellow brownish color.
replyreply
Wix is very good filters. I use the Napa gold filters which are Wix. They just realized package them. Napa/traction in Sasaktoon is doing a filter sale first week of October, I buy all my filters for the entire year during these sales cause the prices are amazing!

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
Does traction sell Fleetguard too? or just Donaldson. I just picked up a Fleetguard from KW today.
replyreply
(09-24-2016 )Brock Wrote:  Wix is very good filters. I use the Napa gold filters which are Wix. They just realized package them. Napa/traction in Sasaktoon is doing a filter sale first week of October, I buy all my filters for the entire year during these sales cause the prices are amazing!

You, the missing link, anybody else from AB, & I should get together...I've got a buddy that works for Tractions competitor and for this kind of volume for all of us to buy a dozen (year supply) he says he's quite sure he can get his boss to let him beat Traction by 10% or more. His boss HATES Traction...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
09-25-2016, (Subject: Oil Filters, what's your opinion? ) 
I use fleetguard on cm2250 lf14000nn on oil and ff5776 on fuel. Never had problems.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.