X15 efficiency advice
01-12-2024, (Subject: X15 efficiency advice ) 
X15 efficiency advice
X15 efficiency new here.
Hello all, Rookie OO here, with no mechanical experience. Im learning from people like you on the fly.
2019 KW with X15 Efficiency Series / 12 speed eston endurant, 2.79 rear end... ( after reading yaws post i know its a bad set up.)460K miles with 11020 hrs. My trans is auto shifting up at 1300 down to 980 rpms. I would love to know if could change the settings without doing anything with ehe rear end at this time. I did turn up the rpms from 600 to 710 at idle using insite. I just did a overhead set everything looked good. No soot, smooth rollers. No codes according to insite, but today i took a road test with engine monator on and got this

"The engine torque and/or speed output is being limited by an active fuel system fault".
And
"The engine fueling is being limited due to lack of oxygen (boost pressure). This state will normally be active for a few seconds during a hard acceleration to prevent excessive black smoke. Excessive time operating in this state indicates the lack of boost pressure (oxygen) entering the engine. Troubleshoot the air intake system.

No codes are enginelights.

Thanks for any advice or input.
replyreply
RE: X15 efficiency advice
What comes to mind...

== A full EGR tune-up. That or having the programming reviewed if it is de-mandated which critical to the engine's longevity.

As far as turning up the idle.. make sure that if you do, it does not get harder to back a trailer up.

Yes, those are terrible rear ends. Maybe save u some moneys and look into getting a decent set of 3,79's or better, and re-program that tranny to get/keep that rpm up ion the 1500-1900 range when pulling... and stop torturing the engine to an agonizing death below 1500.

Also make sure it will pass a rail leak-down test. Very important.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid75483

And with 460k miles on it.. the guts of the fuel pump are due to be replaced (tappets, rollers, plungers) to prevent engine destruction without any warning.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Do you have a emergency shut off valve on the engine ? Rotodaco valve ? What's the air filters look like ? Soap down the boost tubes and intercooler you might have a boost leak at a clamp from rubber hose to pipe or hole in intercooler.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nero
I would also set up the trans with service ranger for your application
In insite does it know what size tires and gear radio you have for the truck?
You can set everything in inste there for the engine the trans you will need service ranger to set it up. If you do the 2 right it will
Be like a new truck for you.
replyreply
01-13-2024, (Subject: X15 efficiency advice ) 
Thanks for taking the time and helping me.

I ran the leak off text 29,000 down to 24,400 in 60 sec --4900 loss just failing. Ill pressure it up and check for leaks this weekend.

I will do a complete egr tune up. I allready changed the DPF and reset it. I also cleaned. + tested doser.

Knowledge is power, and sharing is caring thanks!
replyreply
01-23-2024, (Subject: X15 efficiency advice ) 
I got my truck done! No issues!

My friend asked me to do a regin on his isx today.
His crankcase pressure was 5.0 inH2O at a idle.
I was told it should be under 1.0 at a idle.
He had black smoke and soot coming out of exaust pipe during the regin. His Crankcase pressure was also up to 7.0 at 1100 rpms during regin.
He said its not burning oil nor loosing collant.
He just changed his crankcase filter. He did have blowby coming out of dipstick and oil fill.

As for as crankcase pressure what levels are ok and how much before it sets off a fault?
replyreply
How's the oil level? Did he change oil brands recently, bulk to bottled vice versa? Frigid cold can also cause a high crankcase pressure code to come up too. Make sure the vent tube and the oil drain tube to the sump isn't clogged too.
I coded at 19 inh2o a few weeks ago with little blowby, in my case had to add a gallon of oil was below the hash mark on the dipstick. Hasn't returned since..
replyreply
(01-23-2024 )marek4792 Wrote:  How's the oil level? Did he change oil brands recently, bulk to bottled vice versa? Frigid cold can also cause a high crankcase pressure code to come up too. Make sure the vent tube and the oil drain tube to the sump isn't clogged too.
I coded at 19 inh2o a few weeks ago with little blowby, in my case had to add a gallon of oil was below the hash mark on the dipstick. Hasn't returned since..

Thanks
ill tell hem to register so he can reply to threads. I know he reads them.
replyreply
01-24-2024, (Subject: X15 efficiency advice ) 
ANY crank case pressure buildup in the engine is bad.. really bad!.

it causes the overhead cam to get starved of oil and also restricts oil flow thru the turbocharger.

Excessive crank case pressure buildup leads to premature overhead cam failures and eventually turbocharger failures. Matter of fact, CC fumes buildup is typically the number one cause of premature overhead cam failures on ISX's. The second most common cause is not changing the oil often enough.

Oil changes on ISX's should be done based on fuel mileage and not a set interval, does not matter what garbage info that the engine maker is spitting out these days to make the mega-fleets happy ...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid76569

TAKE THE GARBAGE PAPER CRANK CASE FILTER OUT and either gut it completely, only leaving the gasket behind.. or go get a maintenance-free one (which is only a housing with a 2" hole in it) from cummins and be done with it!.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...376#pid376

With the pressures you are reporting.. someone needs to pull that engine cover off it and inspect the overhead cam(s) for flaking and damage.

-- Next would be to try and find out why it has so much excess blo-by to begin with.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.