Cm2350 miss/pop around 20-25 psi boost
01-24-2024, (Subject: Cm2350 miss/pop around 20-25 psi boost ) 
Cm2350 miss/pop around 20-25 psi boost
Engine is fresh out of the shop after a rebuild. Against my advice this individual decided to use an (after-market) stage 3 head and a (after-garbage) works 67mm VG turbo.

For the love of all good things, do not use parts like these on your rebuilds.

But now he’s chasing his tail trying to figure out what could be causing the miss and pops at 20-25 psi. Any ideas?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2fagUqrI...B6YjBleA==

Edit: truck was re-tuned in ga, suposedly by the shop where Rawze did his rebuild. Truck was already demandated before the rebuild.
And fuel mileage is bad. Even for an rgn
replyreply
01-25-2024, (Subject: Cm2350 miss/pop around 20-25 psi boost ) 
RE: Cm2350 miss/pop around 20-25 psi
(01-24-2024 )Aleeex Wrote:  Engine is fresh out of the shop after a rebuild. Against my advice this individual decided to use an (after-market) stage 3 head and a (after-garbage) works 67mm VG turbo.

For the love of all good things, do not use parts like these on your rebuilds.

But now he’s chasing his tail trying to figure out what could be causing the miss and pops at 20-25 psi. Any ideas?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2fagUqrI...B6YjBleA==

Edit: truck was re-tuned in ga, suposedly by the shop where Rawze did his rebuild. Truck was already demandated before the rebuild.
And fuel mileage is bad. Even for an rgn

People do some seriously stupid things to their $40,000 commercial engines. Must be nice to be able to tear them up like that and be rich enough to afford to inframe them every few years (or less) because of it.

Are you referring to Mr. Hags?...

If it was re-tuned at Haggai's, I know that he does not make special programs trucks with modified parts ... so he must (or someone) must have used someone else remotely?.

In any event.. it is NOT POSSIBLE to make that garbage work as effectively as it would be with the correct OEM parts in it.

What else was not OEM?... What about the overhaul kit?. Any after-garbage pistons too?.

- All I can say is that if it was hags for some repairs ... they SERIOUSLY should have completely refused to touch it with all that after-marketed, engine killing garbage hanging all over it!. It makes them look bad at the end of the day for even attempting to try and make it work better.

And tell your friend that rawze says he's being a complete IDIOT with his equipment!!!>> and that he gets what he deserves. Ignorance is not knowing any better.. STUPIDITY is refusing to learn or accept that YOU ROYALLY FUC$KED UP!, and are not willing to do anything about it right away.

If the guy had showed up at my house for some help with his truck with all that garbage on there (and likely inside it) ... I would have told him to start yanking all the after-garbage s$it off there RIGHT NOW!!!!>.. or get the h#ell out of my driveway!.

I don't help people destroy and abuse their equipment.. I will have no part of it!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
RE: Cm2350 miss/pop around 20-25 psi boost
The turbo is still a VG
replyreply
(01-25-2024 )Aleeex Wrote:  The turbo is still a VG

Thanks for the clarification, but what I say still stands.

That garbage head is bad enough... so what else is non oem?. what about the pistons?.. overhaul kit?. Cam(s)?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
What about the plug on the head under the intake manifold.. (if the aftermarket head has it like the OEM’s do) maybe it isn’t sealed or tight and it is allowing boost to leak when it gets to 20-25psi but not before?? Other then that I would suspect the VG isn’t operating properly maybe because of restrictions or the actuator.(mechanically or through bad programming)

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
Can also be an incorrect flow rate for that non-oem head, .. or incorrect compression ratio of the engine due to non-oem pistons, .. or incorrect injection timing vs. compression ratio, ... wrong housing or flow rate of that non-oem rebuilt turbo, .. could be cavitation due to bad flow-rate on after-garbage manifold(s) .. could be other wrong internals vs. engine tier .. and about a dozen or more other things including bad boost leaks, bad delete programming, wrong program for the tier engine, . etc. etc. etc..

Its anyone's guess when some clueless fool uses red-neck to h#ell, non-oem garbage-can parts on an expensive commercial engine.

I guess he was building it for a speed-run on the utah salt flats and then see how fast it will go before it blows the head apart?... because it sure damn well was not built for any kind of trucking operations that involved making an actual profit, or a proper return on all that garbage $$$ investment, .. that is for sure!.

Last I checked, most truck owners actually want to make a profit ... but I guess there are still some ppl out there that would rather red-neck their s$it into oblivion and use garbage parts just for the bragging rights? / or out of sheer dam$n ignorance? .. then wonder why they got no moneys after they have rebuilt it 3 times in the last 5 years.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.