X15 chuffing through air cleaners at low rpm on jake brake
01-28-2024, (Subject: X15 chuffing through air cleaners at low rpm on jake brake ) 
X15 chuffing through air cleaners at low rpm on jake brake
I have an x15 that has been chuffing at lower rpms.. 1300 and below. On the 2nd and 3rd stage of the jakes. It is fine until it hits about 1300 or so. I just realized today that it's coming out of the air cleaners.I had a pretty bad manifold exhaust leak. So I replaced with a new manifold. But it's still doing it. This is an x15 that's deleted for about 150k now. I just recently replaced the turbo. But can't for the life of me remember if it was doing this before or after turbo install. Also just did an overhead too. Could this be a solenoid going bad?
replyreply
01-28-2024, (Subject: X15 chuffing through air cleaners at low rpm on jake brake ) 
RE: X15 chuffing through air cleaners at low rpm on jake brake
Welcome To the Club' Bad D£Lete Club causing internal damage' get ready to spend $$
replyreply
(01-28-2024 )Pd6cas2 Wrote:  Welcome To the Club' Bad D£Lete Club causing internal damage' get ready to spend $$
So are you saying Mr Hag does bad tunes?
replyreply
I say next time state they obvious' Rawze is correct by saying 99% of D£letes are garbage.
Stipulate MrHagg.. He's the 0.01%
replyreply
(01-28-2024 )Pd6cas2 Wrote:  I say next time state they obvious' Rawze is correct by saying 99% of D£letes are garbage.
Stipulate MrHagg.. He's the 0.01%
I just wanted to see if anyone had an idea or had came across the same thing I'm experiencing. I look at alot of posts on this forum. I know exactly what Rawze says about deletes.
replyreply
(01-28-2024 )Jakt2016 Wrote:  I look at alot of posts on this forum. I know exactly what Rawze says about deletes.

None of us know what you read or what you know. If your talking about your truck being demandated its helpful to state who did the programming so there's no confusion and we don't assume things.

Chuffing is usually caused by a plugged egr circuit. Yours is demandated, are you sure it's "Chuffing " or is it something else maybe ?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(01-28-2024 )tree98 Wrote:  
(01-28-2024 )Jakt2016 Wrote:  I look at alot of posts on this forum. I know exactly what Rawze says about deletes.

None of us know what you read or what you know. If your talking about your truck being demandated its helpful to state who did the programming so there's no confusion and we don't assume things.

Chuffing is usually caused by a plugged egr circuit. Yours is demandated, are you sure it's "Chuffing " or is it something else maybe ?
Yes it is chuffing out of the air cleaners. If you have the jakes on and let off its perfectly normal until about 1300 rpms. Then starts chuffing out the air cleaners. 2nd and 3rd stage.
replyreply
(01-28-2024 )Jakt2016 Wrote:  ...
Yes it is chuffing out of the air cleaners. If you have the jakes on and let off its perfectly normal until about 1300 rpms. Then starts chuffing out the air cleaners. 2nd and 3rd stage.

chuffing is almost always caused by the turbo over-spooling for the task at hand.

I would still say to copy the program out of the ecm and e-mail it to me for a proper review of what was done before making too many assumptions. One never knows if a mistake was made, etc. ... just to be sure the turbo was programmed correctly for that make/model truck.

Also how much boost is it making in a hard pull?.

how much boost is it making on the engine brake when its chuffing?.

Is there an aftermarket CAC cooler on it?. Any other related non-oem parts?.

When is the last time the exhaust bp sensor and IMAP sensor replaced?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(01-28-2024 )Rawze Wrote:  
(01-28-2024 )Jakt2016 Wrote:  ...

chuffing is almost always caused by the turbo over-spooling for the task at hand.

I would still say to copy the program out of the ecm and e-mail it to me for a proper review of what was done before making too many assumptions. One never knows if a mistake was made, etc. ... just to be sure the turbo was programmed correctly for that make/model truck.

Also how much boost is it making in a hard pull?.

how much boost is it making on the engine brake when its chuffing?.

Is there an aftermarket CAC cooler on it?. Any other related non-oem parts?.

When is the last time the exhaust bp sensor and IMAP sensor replaced?.
It makes about 31 to 32 psi. Pulling hard.

I'm not sure exactly on the boost when it starts. Seems the one time I caught it it was about 20 psi. When it started. That's in the 3rd stage.
Imap I put in new 170k ago and cleaned it 60k ago.
The back pressure I put in new 170k ago. But haven't cleaned.
Factory cac.
Turbo is a atl diesel.. american diesel products is who makes it. Yes I know I should of went cummins. Wish I could have.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.