motor shutting off intermittently while driving isx15
02-09-2024, (Subject: motor shutting off intermittently while driving isx15 ) 
motor shutting off intermittently while driving isx15
Hello, im having issues with my isx15 motor and looking to see if any of you would be able to help. When i'am under a load I first lose power to the pedal intermittently and when my speed drops low enough the motor just shuts off. Everything else in the cab works fine when this happens (a/c, radio, cb, etc) the motor just shuts down. When it shuts down I can't start the truck right up, I have to wait a minute or two...but when I do she'll fire right up with no problem. once a drive another few miles the same problem starts back over and over again. There's no CEL

Sometimes if I keep my foot on the pedal the power the power will kick back in...but most of the time it doesn't...which eventually causes the motor to shut off when my speed gets too low. This problem only occurs when I'm under a load. Drives perfectly fine bobtailing. I was told by my mechanic that he thinks it's something electrical. I've already already replaced my throttle pedal, tps sensor, wiring harness from tps sensor, throttle actuator, and exhaust gas pressure sensor because of a previous throttle issue I had before...which with that issue the exhaust gas pressure sensor was the culprit.

Ive read on another forum where several others were having similar issues and most of them ran a new power wire from the ecm and it fixed their problem. I've recently replaced the ecm feed wire and ignition switch but was unlucky. I' m changing 2 of my 4 batteries tomorrow bc I was just told by my mechanic that two of the batteries were reading at 12volts.

I was wondering if any of you have ran into similar issues and if so, what fixed it
isx15 motor

Thanks
replyreply
02-09-2024, (Subject: motor shutting off intermittently while driving isx15 ) 
RE: motor shutting off intermittently while driving isx15
Maybe this.........

https://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=8900

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
02-10-2024, (Subject: motor shutting off intermittently while driving isx15 ) 
(02-09-2024 )aarmon8908 Wrote:  Hello, im having issues with my isx15 motor and looking to see if any of you would be able to help. When i'am under a load I first lose power to the pedal intermittently and when my speed drops low enough the motor just shuts off. Everything else in the cab works fine when this happens (a/c, radio, cb, etc) the motor just shuts down. When it shuts down I can't start the truck right up, I have to wait a minute or two...but when I do she'll fire right up with no problem. once a drive another few miles the same problem starts back over and over again. There's no CEL

Sometimes if I keep my foot on the pedal the power the power will kick back in...but most of the time it doesn't...which eventually causes the motor to shut off when my speed gets too low. This problem only occurs when I'm under a load. Drives perfectly fine bobtailing. I was told by my mechanic that he thinks it's something electrical. I've already already replaced my throttle pedal, tps sensor, wiring harness from tps sensor, throttle actuator, and exhaust gas pressure sensor because of a previous throttle issue I had before...which with that issue the exhaust gas pressure sensor was the culprit.

Ive read on another forum where several others were having similar issues and most of them ran a new power wire from the ecm and it fixed their problem. I've recently replaced the ecm feed wire and ignition switch but was unlucky. I' m changing 2 of my 4 batteries tomorrow bc I was just told by my mechanic that two of the batteries were reading at 12volts.

I was wondering if any of you have ran into similar issues and if so, what fixed it
isx15 motor

Thanks
My truck did the same thing a few years ago, after some good advice from the forum I replaced my ecm and I haven't had a problem since.
replyreply
02-10-2024, (Subject: motor shutting off intermittently while driving isx15 ) 
Check battery connections then check connections at starter. When the truck is empty the engine doesn't rock or load up and you don't loose the connection. When she's loaded the engine flexes and pulls on wiring sometimes it looses the connections off at batter or starter. Have a look
replyreply
02-11-2024, (Subject: motor shutting off intermittently while driving isx15 ) 
My mechanic has already checked the battery connections. I will get him to recheck the starter cables tomorrow. I did just recently buy an ecm, but I wanted to try EVERYTHING first before taking my truck 4 hours away to the tuner (Trucks deleted) This is the original ecm and I've driven the truck about 160k mi since the delete with no issues until recently
replyreply
I had the exact same issue, with the same symptoms. Threw LOTS of parts at it and the issue didn't go away until i replaced the turbo+actuator, even after the dealership “mechanic” said it was good. Im no mechanic just my experience
replyreply
(02-11-2024 )aarmon8908 Wrote:  My mechanic has already checked the battery connections. I will get him to recheck the starter cables tomorrow. I did just recently buy an ecm, but I wanted to try EVERYTHING first before taking my truck 4 hours away to the tuner (Trucks deleted) This is the original ecm and I've driven the truck about 160k mi since the delete with no issues until recently

You need to copy that program out of that ecm yourself and stop using 'tuning guys' and then relying on 'how it feels', as a measure of how bad that delete program may or may not be. More than 90% of all de-mandate programs are absolutely harmful to the engine and cause progressive damage that sets in over time, and it has nothing to do whatsoever with 'how it feels' or anything else you can measure externally.

Get yourself a cheap win10 laptop.. a $300 inline-6 kit data-link adapter and copy it out yourself. Stop setting yourself up for 'relying/trusting blindly on other places' for something that most of the truck owners around here can figure out on their won. Besides that, everyone who owns a red cry-baby should have at least the software and tools (Insite and CT) to see what it is crying about when that Check engine light comes on.

- Its like having to call the TV repair man and pay a service fee to help you change the channels on your Television because you are missing the remote control, and there are no buttons on the TV itself. how about instead.. BUY THE DAMN REMOTE!

Copy out and E-mail that program to me for a proper review of what someone did in there, and stop that issue of having to rely on someone else in its track once in for all. Or simply calling them up and asking them for a copy of the program that they made for you and flashed into your ecm. -If you get a refusal or an excuse ... then RUN LIKE H#ELL THE OTHER WAY!!.

Of all the people that I know and have seen that actually do proper programming work, they would all tell you, and would recommend to you, that you having a copy of your own custom program is a good idea, ... just so that you have it in case the ecm ever dies, etc.

Beside that, as a truck owner YOU ABSOLUTELY need a copy of any custom programming that was done to the truck/engine. This makes it where you are not dependent on some joe somewhere that is going to charge you whatever they like just to 'make your truck work again' whenever you have an issue like this. It is bad business practice to put yourself in this situation.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
02-13-2024, (Subject: motor shutting off intermittently while driving isx15 ) 
(02-11-2024 )CW224 Wrote:  I had the exact same issue, with the same symptoms. Threw LOTS of parts at it and the issue didn't go away until i replaced the turbo+actuator, even after the dealership “mechanic” said it was good. Im no mechanic just my experience

The turbo was replaced not too long ago by the previous owner. Haven’t changed the actuator [/align]
replyreply
02-13-2024, (Subject: motor shutting off intermittently while driving isx15 ) 
(02-11-2024 )Rawze Wrote:  ...
You need to copy that program out of that ecm yourself and stop using 'tuning guys' and then relying on 'how it feels', as a measure of how bad that delete program may or may not be. More than 90% of all de-mandate programs are absolutely harmful to the engine and cause progressive damage that sets in over time, and it has nothing to do whatsoever with 'how it feels' or anything else you can measure externally.

Is it possible or likely for a delete program to be bad even after driving nearly 200k miles without these said issues?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.