starting issue
02-10-2024, (Subject: starting issue ) 
starting issue
I have an ISX15 in a 2009 Prostar, replaced the starter in Oct. Fast forward to a week ago and blew rear structure gasket. Had gaskets replaced along with new clutch. Now the starter drags when cranking. Everything looks good, oil never got into starter. Anyone have an idea what to look for?
replyreply
RE: starting issue
Batteries getting weak?>

Mis-alignment of the rear structure?.. though doubtful.

Wiring not cleaned and not making good contact on batteries or starter?.

Clutch dragging when released?.

Its anyone's guess.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Rawze has it loose connections or bad battery(s)
replyreply
02-11-2024, (Subject: starting issue ) 
nothing loose batteries test good.
Only thing that changed was rear structure was pulled to replace gasket.
replyreply
Cant be clutch dragging because I start it in neutral.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88
Bad starter?? Could have been on its way out and taking it off and remounting might have finished it off.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
New starter seems to have fixed it. Must just be a coincidence. Starter was only 4 months old.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , Rawze
02-12-2024, (Subject: starting issue ) 
Thanks for the follow up. I am sure it will help others in the future that might have same issues.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
02-13-2024, (Subject: starting issue ) 
I hope you didn't replace the starter for nothing, never underestimate cleaning terminals.

I recently had a low voltage situation. The alternator was just putting out enough to keep the batteries charged, keep the truck running, but low enough to put my stress level through the roof. I was scared to turn on my high beams or use my mirror heat for fear of the voltage dropping too low.

Put a volt meter on the alternator and it was at 14 volts.

I thought maybe connections on the starter but left that for last as the PIA factor to get at them. To test though, I connected booster cables from alternator to batteries and still had low voltage.

Even though I recently replaced all 4 batteries, I cleaned the terminals again, and low voltage problem gone.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.