isx torque guage questions
02-10-2024, (Subject: isx torque guage questions ) 
RE: isx torque guage questions
What's your boost at when on the hills ? This could be something as easy as a leaking boost tube or cac. How's the air filters ?
replyreply
Get the program straightened out first or your just chasing your tail.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(02-10-2024 )PolishHammer Wrote:  What's your boost at when on the hills ? This could be something as easy as a leaking boost tube or cac. How's the air filters ?

38psi, just replaced the cac due to leaks, and the rest of the tubes are not leaking
replyreply
02-11-2024, (Subject: isx torque guage questions ) 
Where's Rawze on this one?
(02-10-2024 )TB3NNI5 Wrote:  The only problem i had was the truck was always chattery like it had no pilot injection
Let's start here, I don't think this was your only problem. Someone's trying to lock the ecm into a single mode with no pilot injection.
(02-10-2024 )TB3NNI5 Wrote:  it eventually through the months seemed to lose power and eventually i could only squeeze 85% torque out of it, i know these are generally vague readings but why would it use to push 100 and now only 85? What causes this?
Could be whomever hollowed out your dpf/doc didn't do a proper job of it or the mode control in your calibration is non-existent, vectoring into cold ambient, scr-warm up mode or thermal management trying to warm up those cans that were never addressed properly. Another telltale sign your working with a bad delete is 38 psi in a sustained pull. It may peak there for a moment but if it doesn't settle back to about 31 psi or less for a 500hp cm2350 your just asking for trouble. Even at 600hp with a large tier cpl# you shouldn't see more than 36ish or less boost on a cm2350 x101. The x15's, even less.

User's Signature: That’s pronounced, /ˈs(k)izəm/
replyreply
(02-11-2024 )schISM Wrote:  Where's Rawze on this one?
(02-10-2024 )TB3NNI5 Wrote:  The only problem i had was the truck was always chattery like it had no pilot injection
Let's start here, I don't think this was your only problem. Someone's trying to lock the ecm into a single mode with no pilot injection.
(02-10-2024 )TB3NNI5 Wrote:  it eventually through the months seemed to lose power and eventually i could only squeeze 85% torque out of it, i know these are generally vague readings but why would it use to push 100 and now only 85? What causes this?
Could be whomever hollowed out your dpf/doc didn't do a proper job of it or the mode control in your calibration is non-existent, vectoring into cold ambient, scr-warm up mode or thermal management trying to warm up those cans that were never addressed properly. Another telltale sign your working with a bad delete is 38 psi in a sustained pull. It may peak there for a moment but if it doesn't settle back to about 31 psi or less for a 500hp cm2350 your just asking for trouble. Even at 600hp with a large tier cpl# you shouldn't see more than 36ish or less boost on a cm2350 x101. The x15's, even less.

This is true, i have had it reflashed since and got rid of the chattery issues, i have not checked visually the insides of the cans but they do appear to sound hollow. And it has to be in a hard pull to see 38psi but it will hold 38 lbs in a struggle until you downgear and get the rpms up over 1500 or so.
replyreply
It sounds to me like your dealing with a whole mess of issues there actually.

Bad deletes and more bad deletes.. and engine failures because of it.. + the typical mysterious power losses .. and 38-psi boost?... THAT IN ITSELF IS AN ENGINE KILLER ALONE!!.. FOR A Cm2350.

There are ways to do things 100% rught.. and it sounds to me like you have been a victim of the typical gaggle of under-educated repair and other shops out there that are getting more and more clueless every year.

I PM'd you my number so that we can discuss all of this,.. I don't want to write a book on all the issues you have described.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.