De-mandate dpf
02-11-2024, (Subject: De-mandate dpf ) 
De-mandate dpf
Recently had a shop de-mandate a 2015 cummins isx cm2350, was doing research on the forum that said to double check the dpf/scr cans to make sure they’re empty. So i did just that and come to find there is a thin honeycomb screen at the front of both the dpf and scr. Im assuming this needed to be removed?

Photo taken from rear elbow of dpf

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
RE: De-mandate dpf
Cans should be hollow as a clean pipe. Also have Rawze review the delete unless its already done by someone on this forum.
replyreply
Do you see how that thing is clogging up and starting to face-plug?... If it a de-mandate truck... then it's gotta go!.

and yeah.. copy the program out of the ecm and e-mail it to me for an inspection of what someone did in there. Most de-mandates are seriously harmful to the engine (and turbo) over time.. and this is before someone even adding any power to it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
02-13-2024, (Subject: De-mandate dpf ) 
The program was sent to me today. -- The program is dated but otherwise good. Not harmful at all.

Its got ht right engine mode logic set, the right injection timing, etc,.etc, etc.

I don't see that too often, so consider yourself the lucky guy for the year so far ..lol

Now.. you just need to get those exhaust problems straightened out.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: CW224
02-26-2024, (Subject: De-mandate dpf ) 
I also have a few questions. My X15 cm2350 truck was de-mandated about a year ago. I saw that they removed all the ceramics from the jars but left metal partitions that have oblong holes. They said that this would be enough for the flow of exhaust gases and everything would work as a muffler. Should these partitions be removed or left as is? Also, the engine did NOT have a set of plugs installed. Do I need to install plugs in front of the EGR and on the intake manifold? And about the calibration - after installation, the engine began to work like a doorbell, everything rattled as if everything was not adjusted. Rawze, could you look at my calibration too, and what email should I send it to? Thanks everyone for the answers!
replyreply
02-26-2024, (Subject: De-mandate dpf ) 
(02-26-2024 )Maksdriver Wrote:  I also have a few questions. My X15 cm2350 truck was de-mandated about a year ago. I saw that they removed all the ceramics from the jars but left metal partitions that have oblong holes. They said that this would be enough for the flow of exhaust gases and everything would work as a muffler. Should these partitions be removed or left as is? Also, the engine did NOT have a set of plugs installed. Do I need to install plugs in front of the EGR and on the intake manifold? And about the calibration - after installation, the engine began to work like a doorbell, everything rattled as if everything was not adjusted. Rawze, could you look at my calibration too, and what email should I send it to? Thanks everyone for the answers!

cans need to be open to the bare metal to prevent trapped and reflected heat. All 3 of them including the SCR.

Block plates are necessary because the EGR valve is going to open on its own due to differential pressures, even if it was unplugged, etc.

- and I PM'd you my e-mail address. Copy the program out and e-mail it to me for a review of what some yahoo might have done in there.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , Maksdriver , Pd6cas2 , Techmech

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.