Code 2385 help
02-29-2024, (Subject: Code 2385 help ) 
Code 2385 help
CM870 code 2385 has 81 counts. VGT actuator driver circuit- Voltage above normal, or shorted to high source. Within the last 1 1/2 years it’s got a new engine harness, oem reman VGT, and VGT control box, with new air line going to the box, box to turbo also. What am I missing?. Also when cold the actuator “cycles” let’s call it. The actuator will slowly extend and contract, only when it’s cold though. Once it’s warmed up it’s good.
replyreply
RE: Code 2385 help
Is it de-mandated?.

Does the engine file in the ecm match exactly, the engine ser#?.

does it have a factory file in it? .. or a delete file?

If so then who made the de(l)ete file?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(02-29-2024 )Rawze Wrote:  Is it de-mandated?.

Does the engine file in the ecm match exactly, the engine ser#?.

does it have a factory file in it? .. or a delete file?

If so then who made the de(l)ete file?.

De mandated. Had running rough set me up. Not the original engine it is a recon long block
replyreply
(02-29-2024 )DCtruckin Wrote:  De mandated. Had running rough set me up. Not the original engine it is a recon long block

2385 means its loosing its ground connection.

bent pin in the ecm plug?.

ecm going bad?.

grounds on engine block getting corroded?.

excessive electrical noise?.

does it have this issue with the factory programming?.

- can be a lot of things.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
03-01-2024, (Subject: Code 2385 help ) 
(02-29-2024 )Rawze Wrote:  
(02-29-2024 )DCtruckin Wrote:  De mandated. Had running rough set me up. Not the original engine it is a recon long block

2385 means its loosing its ground connection.

bent pin in the ecm plug?.

ecm going bad?.

grounds on engine block getting corroded?.

excessive electrical noise?.

does it have this issue with the factory programming?.

- can be a lot of things.

I’ll start checking all the above, not sure if the code was there before the de mandate as the CEL was always on because of the EGR blocker, and got insite installed to my laptop upon tuning so I am only now able to check my codes.
replyreply
03-03-2024, (Subject: Code 2385 help ) 
Im having the same issue. Once it is cold outside usually 31-35 degrees it will flash a check engine light. Ocasically around 1500rpm you can hear the vgt cut in and out. On startup at 31-35 it will flash it I mean lol
replyreply
03-05-2024, (Subject: Code 2385 help ) 
Also rawze, the vgt on/off stuff while cold has been happening prior to the tune.
replyreply
If it cannot be found, then run this test screen on it in CT along with some desktop recording software. At least see what the ecm is trying to command from the engine and its turbo, etc. while its acting up. See if everything in the ecm is operating it normally and/or if it simply sees an error.
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid58693

replyreply
Might of just found my issue. It was a short. There was two wires touching somewhere on the harness.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.