Failed ECM
03-01-2024, (Subject: Failed ECM ) 
Failed ECM
I have a 2016 W900 with cm2350, running a RR demandate program. ECM died the other day, pops the ECM power fuse instantly when ECM is plugged in so no communication is possible. I have a copy of the demandate file and ECM image but was wondering the correct steps to get them back in and have the correct switch and parameter settings if possible, also is it possible to set the engine hours and miles correctly? Do I need the dealer to bench install factory calibration in the ECM first?
replyreply
03-02-2024, (Subject: Failed ECM ) 
RE: Failed ECM
Have you tried re-wiring the ECM power on the truck? It is very unusual for those ECMs to fail, especially in this way.
replyreply
(03-01-2024 )Truckdriven Wrote:  I have a 2016 W900 with cm2350, running a RR demandate program. ECM died the other day, pops the ECM power fuse instantly when ECM is plugged in so no communication is possible. I have a copy of the demandate file and ECM image but was wondering the correct steps to get them back in and have the correct switch and parameter settings if possible, also is it possible to set the engine hours and miles correctly? Do I need the dealer to bench install factory calibration in the ECM first?

if it is truly the ecm itself..

YES.. pay the extra moneys to have the stealers$it flash it back and include all vehicle settings too. They need to flash it so that you can just hang it on the engine and drive away with all dash settings like engine brake, etc. restored.

This is for 2 reasons. A... it will not be stuck in rom-boot mode (will be easier to re-flash) .. but far more importantly, this is cheap insurance that the ecm will be ok and communicating properly.

If you simply buy it and hang that brand new ecm on the side of the engine, and you cannot get it flashed, .. or it will not run for whatever reason, then you just ate its cost of it if there is anything at all wrong with it!. - I have seen this before a few times, and it is not fun take it back and them to tell you that you have to buy a second ecm if the first one is dead on arrival. They do not take ecm's back for warranty claims, as it is an electronic device.

I.E.> make sure the stealers$it is able to communicate and flash it properly ... and that it runs your engine for 10 mins too before touching its programming on your own.

After the ecm is installed and run the engine for 10 mins without issues, you can then use CT to flash your backup into it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
Ok makes sense, I wasn't sure how to get hours and odometer to read correctly instead of showing when the file copy was made but RR helped me out, Thanks!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.