Insite issue, fault will not clear ...
03-12-2024, (Subject: Insite issue, fault will not clear ... ) 
Insite issue, fault will not clear ...
Not getting option to clear code in insite. Part that says select all is blank but should be highlighted. V7.6.2 Thanks. using it with inline 5. engine is 05 CM870

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
03-13-2024, (Subject: Insite issue, fault will not clear ... ) 
RE: Insite issur
Your trying to reset inactive faults but the fault you have is ACTIVE not INACTIVE.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 3406E
If the fault is still occurring (it is ACTIVE) .. being low coolant in this case ... it would immediately come back as soon as its cleared.

It would be pointless to try to clear a fault that is still occurring, and the Insite software knows this. Therefore Insite does not allow you to reset it.

YOU NEVER EVER EVER WANT TO BYPASS A LOW COOLANT ALARM!!!!....

JUST LIKE YOU NEVER EVER EVER WANT TO BYPASS A LOW OIL ALARM!!!.

BOTH OF THEM ARE THE 2 MOST IMPORTANT ALARMS TO HAVE WORKING CORRECTLY FOR ENGINE!!!.

FIX THE LOW COOLANT PROBLEM and the fault will become INACTIVE!.. DO NOT try to bandaide or hide the issue!.

I have seen plenty of people bypass or defeat a low coolant alarm because they were too cheap to fix the problem ... only for a couple years later for their engine to get completely destroyed going down the road when it actually DID suddenly have low coolant!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I think its the level sensor I called cummins but they said i should get it from manufacturer of truck so i'm going get it from international. I have one from a cm871 but its a 2 pin the one on the truck is a 3 pin
I
replyreply
RE: Insite issue, fault will not clear ...
3 pin coolant lvl sensor is a volvo also, when i disconnect the plug code goes to open circut, sometimes it is the sensor itself but sometimes you have to buy new reservoir because of ball stuck inside, on volvo you can remove sensor without draining coolant maybe have same situation, sometime hitting reservoir with mallet helps, on volvo you have positive, negative and signal in the connector
replyreply
(03-13-2024 )ktblogistics Wrote:  3 pin coolant lvl sensor is a volvo also, when i disconnect the plug code goes to open circut, sometimes it is the sensor itself but sometimes you have to buy new reservoir because of ball stuck inside, on volvo you can remove sensor without draining coolant maybe have same situation, sometime hitting reservoir with mallet helps, on volvo you have positive, negative and signal in the connector

ok thanks, i will keep that in mind
replyreply
If it is the type where the sensor tip is in the coolant sometimes they get a buildup of crud on them that insulates it from the coolant. Sandpaper the crud off and most times they will start working.
replyreply
03-14-2024, (Subject: Insite issue, fault will not clear ... ) 
also you have 05 year truck , might have coolant module, replaced it recently, check for small black box or google it, had same issue same code, as far as i remember code went inactive after disconnected module
replyreply
03-14-2024, (Subject: Insite issue, fault will not clear ... ) 
its actually a two pin I must have been tweaking don't know why i thought i saw a three pin, have it on order
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.