Understanding Cummins Terminology
Yesterday, (Subject: Understanding Cummins Terminology ) 
Understanding Cummins Terminology
Hello guys I am a newbie to the Forum and have been picking up a lot of useful info in regards to the Cummins engines and how they operate I am a ex Caterpillar tech with 14 years of dealer experience a lot of that time dealing with Trucks and a little bit of heavy equipment. I have learned quickly that these Cummins are more complicated when it comes to the flashing process and ECM work. I was wondering if someone could point me int he right direction it better understanding the Cummins ECM terminology and file structure. In the Cat world as everyone knows you have flash files, and in the Cummins world you have .ecfg files and .xcal files and so on. Can someone just dumb it down for me a bit I am going to be following docs on a CM871 we have, I have already been able to follow directions and save a ECM backup off this rig and have started following the @m*m^2 procedure which I failed at a couple of times due to me getting distracted and leaving my computer for a couple hours to find my computer asleep and my work getting lost..... Yes I am an idiot I thought I saved my work but must have saved my work incorrectly. I hear terms like "screen files" and "templates" being thrown around what exactly does that mean? Sorry I am very much a rookie and just trying to learn and I apologize if this is posted in the wrong place. Thank you [/b]
replyreply
RE: Understanding Cummins Terminology
Those topics and everything you need to know + would want to learn can be found on my mumble voice-chat server.

info for getting on mumble: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...63#pid2163

Get it set up and join in on the discussions about all things programming, how the engine and its ecu works, etc.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Thanks Rawze I will get that setup and join in!
replyreply
Today, (Subject: Understanding Cummins Terminology ) 
(Yesterday )2001Cummins Wrote:  Thanks Rawze I will get that setup and join in!

I saw you join on mumble late last night ... could hear you fumbling with around the settings, perhaps getting it setting it up, .. and when I went to say hello and welcome you aboard, .. you ran off.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Sorry Rawze! I was honestly laying in bed trying to figure it all out, I heard someone say hello and it woke my wife up.lol so I exited right in a hurry I will probably join in after a bit.
replyreply
(Today )2001Cummins Wrote:  Sorry Rawze! I was honestly laying in bed trying to figure it all out, I heard someone say hello and it woke my wife up.lol so I exited right in a hurry I will probably join in after a bit.

yeah.. probably not a good idea while laying in bed, next to the wife.. she don't need to know about our little secret .. wink* wink*.

lololz!.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.