Cm2250 derated
03-22-2024, (Subject: Cm2250 derated ) 
Cm2250 derated
So, I’ll start by saying I’ve become a victim of the fuel pump. So it all started with what I thought was an oil pan gasket leak. I changed it in hood it wasn’t the front structure but come to find out it was in fact front structure leak. Well upon removal of oil pan I seen the ceramic and while removing the idler gear to be able to remove front structure the bushing was pretty torn up. I figured since that was bad there had to be more so I pulled the mains and the had wear in them although the rods looked good. I flushed the system installed new mains according to procedure, timed the motor installed new fuel pump and now it has no power. It’ll only get about 28psi of boost, otherwise runs perfect does have a slight fluctuation at idle of about 100 rpm. It has no faults but while under load does say torque limiting when getting up in rpm, is that just the rev limiter? The truck ran perfect before what started off as an oil pan leak I had no indication the fuel pump plunger had actually failed oil pressure was great fuel pressure was good now it’s acting as if it’s derated, any help would be appreciated
replyreply
RE: Cm2250 derated
your description does not sound like someone did a well enough job of it. If that is the case, then your issues are just starting.

here is what should have happened...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid66352

==========

The fuel pump is well known for this on all common-rail model ISX's. This 'total engine destruction' of death scenario can be prevented...

On ALL common rail ISX engines .. the guts of the fuel pump need replacing every 400,000 miles, or 8,000 hours regardless of how good they look, or what updates have been done, or what material they are made out of. - Despite what the salesmans at the stealer$hits say ... They have never fixed this issue in its entirety.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I performed the work myself with the help of mostly your videos and what I could search quickserve. The truck is demandated I’m just puzzled as to how basically changing the fuel pump in a three day period has somehow created a uncoded de rate
replyreply
I had a friend who works for Cummins review parameters via insite but everything looks within range according to him
replyreply
(03-22-2024 )Garrettpearce Wrote:  I performed the work myself with the help of mostly your videos and what I could search quickserve. The truck is demandated I’m just puzzled as to how basically changing the fuel pump in a three day period has somehow created a uncoded de rate

More than 90% of all demandate programs are absolutely harmful to the engine ... this all while the truck owner will typically swear that it seems to run ok. For all anyone knows, the ecm could be screaming a dozen faults and some morn has blocked them from showing up. Typical bad delete, they block a bunch of codes and hide what is going on in the engine, often making it very difficult to find actual issues.

Copy that program out of the ECM and e-mail it to me for a proper review of what someone did in there... then you can go from that point.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid72945

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.