Engine Synchronization?
03-22-2024, (Subject: Engine Synchronization? ) 
Engine Synchronization?
I had a load taken off my trailer for which I sat in the dock for 2.5 hours. When I started my truck to pull out of the dock I glanced at my ELD and noticed a notification that read “Engine synchronization”.. no trouble lights on dash as of yet. I did notice as I was driving that all seems just fine until I get on the highway, if I excel beyond like 60 mph the whole front end shakes reminiscent of what would can described as a front steer way out of balance. I think I’m going to try and limp it home 700 miles. I’m going to be the guy in the right lane doing 60 in a 70.. any ideas as to what I’m looking for? Idles perfect and accelerates without any hesitation.. fuel pump timing? I really don’t know what would throw a code on my ELD but not my trouble lights on the dash. Thanx in advance for your suggestions…Update… hooked up my {scanner} and found 5 inactive codes.. could have been from a short time back when I had to replace a bad radiator.. anyway… I erased all inactive codes but won’t take my truck back out on the road till tomorrow.. my experience has always been that the fix cannot be that simple.. still looking for input on the possible culprit
replyreply
03-22-2024, (Subject: Engine Synchronization? ) 
RE: Engine Synchronization?
That is pretty vague... could be a lot of things.

Maybe use insite to see if you have any cam/crank position sensor sync faults?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
03-23-2024, (Subject: Engine Synchronization? ) 
RE: Engine Synchronization?
Without knowing what ELD you use, what capabilities it has (beyond just the basic logging requirements) or any info about your truck and engine, it's hard to know where to start.

So, knowing nothing at this point, my first question would be are you sure that notification was a fault related to the engine itself or could it have been a problem with data synchronization between the ELD and the ECM? If the latter then it could just be as simple as a loose connection to the ELD or some other wiring issue or a problem with the ELD's hardware or, well, pretty much anything electrical.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.