tranny plug
04-05-2024, (Subject: tranny plug ) 
tranny plug
the canadian salt have got the best of this fill plug. heated it, tried a pipe wrench but doesn't get a proper grip, tried a chisel and nope doesn't even budge. The 1/2 inch socket kept spinning in it it because the rust decayed out the hole. The bottom plug was ok, i cracked it loose but didn't run it out because i haven't open the fill plug yet.You guys have any idea besides welding a nut on it to pull it out? thanks

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
04-06-2024, (Subject: tranny plug ) 
RE: tranny plug
Most common cause is not so much the rust ... but likely some yahoo not using a proper torque wrench, and not setting it to the correct torque when putting it in during an oil change.

Smacking it with a hammer a few times hard, or using an air-hammer to jar it a bit + heating it up a decent amount before trying to break it loose might help.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 3406E
04-06-2024, (Subject: tranny plug ) 
Irwin makes an extractor set (53227) that you might be able to use to get that plug out. You can get the set from amazon.
https://amzn.to/3Wce3pZ
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 3406E , Rawze
04-22-2024, (Subject: tranny plug ) 
(04-06-2024 )Pete379 Wrote:  Irwin makes an extractor set (53227) that you might be able to use to get that plug out. You can get the set from amazon.

Bought that Irwin kit and it worked.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , Mrkentee

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.