Turbo whine
04-14-2024, (Subject: Turbo whine ) 
Turbo whine
Hello so I have a question. On my cm871 I replaced my ifsm due to some stripped out actuator holes. I got that all done and now my turbo seems to whine at a different pitch than before. The trucks runs great but the whine is definitely different not sure why is it getting the correct fuel now and that’s it? Anything to point me in the right direction to look at things would be appreciated thanks.
Also the truck has the correct programming in it too.

User's Signature: 2010 kenworth t800 isx500hp cm871 13spd 3.55ratio
replyreply
RE: Turbo whine
Assuming the intake / egr tubing was removed you could've had a boost leak you didn't know you had, now instead of a whistle an air leak would create you now get a whine? Just a guess.
replyreply
I didn’t have to take the intake off and the egr tube is no longer there. I hauled one load with a tanker and it had power the entire time. That is until a metering actuator decided to start dying on me. I did have a fault code of 2215 come up too but that was after I switched everything and I cleared it and 2313 code and only one that came back was the 2313. I didn’t think a bad Would actuator cause the turbo to whine. I wasn’t sure if the fuel pump could be the cause either I didn’t replace it because it worked fine before. Also the whine follows the boost gauge and the Jake’s as well. If boost is under 10 you don’t hear it. Can’t do much till I get new actuator anyway. Wasn’t sure if there was a test to run on insight or something to look for while it’s running hooked to insight

replyreply
04-15-2024, (Subject: Turbo whine ) 
Sounds like a boost leak somewhere.With the engine off, block off the turbo on both sides, then take out the turbo inlet temp sensor and put a regulated 35psi of shop air in through its hole.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
04-15-2024, (Subject: Turbo whine ) 
Ok thanks

replyreply
04-17-2024, (Subject: Turbo whine ) 
Thanks I had a leak and that was the problem.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , tree98

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.