HE400VG Parts?
05-03-2024, (Subject: HE400VG Parts? ) 
HE400VG Parts?
Is it possible to buy parts for these Holset turbos? Have an X15 that has issues.

Looks like the actuator had a problem and broke the arm off the shaft somehow. The turbo was at 100% closed and the actuator motor couldn't move the shaft. Busted out three head bolts. Wouldn't start. Took the hose off the EGR cooler and engine started.

The turbo itself looks to be in great shape, but the arm is broken. On quickserve the part number lists it as not sellable. Is there anywhere that sells these parts?
replyreply
05-04-2024, (Subject: HE400VG Parts? ) 
RE: HE400VG Parts?
It takes a lot of specialty skills and tooling to rebuild a high speed turbocharger that turns 120k+ rpm's.

without a very ex$$pensive turbine balancing machine, you will not be able to remove the turbine shaft and put it back together.

Send the turbo to YTS turbo in Griffin, GA.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
05-04-2024, (Subject: HE400VG Parts? ) 
RE: HE400VG Parts?
I didn't know they were balanced. That's interesting.

Since the arm seems to be pressed onto the shaft, I guess that can't be replaced either? Sucks that the turbo is perfectly fine except for the broken arm and the actuator.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.