Metering actuator issue
04-19-2024, (Subject: Metering actuator issue ) 
RE: Metering actuator issue
It’s done it with multiple trailers.
I did get some fuel on the connectors during the process but I sprayed with electrical cleaner before I reassembled and then today when I had things apart and was testing I put dielectric grease in each. I put 150 miles on it doing short loads before it finally started to act up again. For a moment I thought it was fixed. It never got bad enough to trigger a code. If they had more wire coming out of the harness I’d just put new plugs in for the actuators. I’m considering buying a used engine harness and trying that out

User's Signature: 2010 kenworth t800 isx500hp cm871 13spd 3.55ratio
replyreply
04-19-2024, (Subject: Metering actuator issue ) 
I did find a post on here for some replacement connectors for the actuators so I’m goin to try that first. https://rawze.com/forums/archive/index.p...-8675.html

replyreply
05-15-2024, (Subject: Metering actuator issue ) 
Just wanted to update post. After replacing the actuator plug there was no change in the problem.so I ordered a new engine module wiring harness $1100 fyi. Replaced it and haven’t had a problem since.
Also it always helps to double check parts pricing. The service parts guy quoted me 2200 for harness. one reason I didn’t just replace it after actuators were fine. Ordered it from parts counter guy I always deal with. To my delighted surprise it was only 1100 very glad I didn’t have service parts man order it and glad I fix my own shi#t

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , JimT
(05-15-2024 )Scoot5869 Wrote:  Just wanted to update post. After replacing the actuator plug there was no change in the problem.so I ordered a new engine module wiring harness $1100 fyi. Replaced it and haven’t had a problem since.
Also it always helps to double check parts pricing. The service parts guy quoted me 2200 for harness. one reason I didn’t just replace it after actuators were fine. Ordered it from parts counter guy I always deal with. To my delighted surprise it was only 1100 very glad I didn’t have service parts man order it and glad I fix my own shi#t

now you need to ensure the actuator itself is not bleeding fuel into the electrical harness. Would be a shame for it to go bad due to underlying issues.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
It is a new actuator. I also just found out that Cummins will not warranty the actuators ecm vgt actuator and exhaust system parts if it is not installed and diagnosed by Cummins or certified shop. So the actuator that I replaced this fall (all were replaced) one went bad was not covered.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.