turbo noise or exhaust leak?
04-25-2024, (Subject: turbo noise or exhaust leak? ) 
RE: turbo noise or exhaust leak?
So I ended up buying a complete metric tap and die set. Figured out the pressure sensing tube that connects to the exhaust pipe is metric 12x1.0

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , hookliftpete , marek4792
04-28-2024, (Subject: turbo noise or exhaust leak? ) 
Been working back and forth on multiple projects, both on the truck and around the house. Finally got around to extracting the exhaust manifold bolts. Easiest thing in the world. All 3 were broken off at or just below the surface of the head. One came out with just a flat head screw driver in a fracture groove, the other 2 came out with a 1/8" left handed drill bit. One without actually needing to drill into it, the other drilled down about an 1/8" before it bit and came out.

On the other hand, the turbo mounting studs are not coming out at all. I don't have a torch or welder so I tried doubling up a nut and that was a no go. Now I'm working on slowly drilling the broken stud out. Used one of the nuts as a centering guide for the drill bit so it's about as centered and straight as can be.

Can I get away with just replacing the broken stud, or do I need to replace all 4 as a set?

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
Sometimes when I need to figure out the threads/pitch to something odd, I will take the screw/bolts, etc to home depot down the street and use their little screw thingy hanging on the wall, thread it in with with my fingers....lol

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Most Ace hardware stores have those as well if that is closer
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.