EGR blocker plate leaking
04-20-2024, (Subject: EGR blocker plate leaking ) 
EGR blocker plate leaking
Hello.My blocker plate is leaking.So far what I’ve done is clean up both surfaces with a wire brush on a grinder and also put copper anti seize on the gasket.Also put anti seize on the clamp and tapped around it while tightening
.Its still leaking.Can I put high temp silicone on the gasket?
replyreply
RE: EGR blocker plate leaking
Never asked on the chat log, but is this the one on the exhaust manifold? Because I've heard on here those never seal up. And putting antiseize on the gasket surface, I meant the mating surfaces not the gasket itself and literally film thin, copper spray works better. Did you check with a straight edge to see the surfaces are truly flat? A wire wheel isnt going to level a warped surface. In my opinion, get a #6 manifold piece and slip joint seal and tap it for the pressure sensor and be done with it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
(04-20-2024 )marek4792 Wrote:  Never asked on the chat log, but is this the one on the exhaust manifold? Because I've heard on here those never seal up. And putting antiseize on the gasket surface, I meant the mating surfaces not the gasket itself and literally film thin, copper spray works better. Did you check with a straight edge to see the surfaces are truly flat? A wire wheel isnt going to level a warped surface. In my opinion, get a #6 manifold piece and slip joint seal and tap it for the pressure sensor and be done with it.

Yes the one on the manifold.Do you happen to have a link to the manifold piece?
replyreply
04-21-2024, (Subject: EGR blocker plate leaking ) 
There's a company that makes them and mentioned on here, but they are so so.. all it is just a number 6 cylinder section installed on to the #1 cylinder. Just have to tap the threads for the sensor tube.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.