Cummins X15 after treatment issues
05-07-2024, (Subject: Cummins X15 after treatment issues ) 
RE: Cummins X15 after treatment issues
(05-07-2024 )Rawze Wrote:  you are correct that many of the newer x15's do not not have a dedicated Doser injector ... because the fuel is instead dumped directly into the exhaust system by way of the injectors in the cylinders during an exhaust stroke. This method of dumping fuel in the exhaust directly is referred to as 'In Cylinder Dosing'.

Cannot agree. More. Just pulled differential pressure sensor off a truck that shutdown today for saem reasons. Looks clogged up. Could not find the IMAP sensor?? Its all on turbo side now.
replyreply
Hi Rawze,

This is truck 22 today. It shut down on the road. Took IMAP, Differential pressure sensor and DPF off. See attached photos. DPF and DOC were baked maybe 3-4 weeks ago. Other sensors were never touched before. Truck has just shy of 300k miles.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
Here are photos of differential pressure sensor and where it mounts.

replyreply
more stuff photos lol. I attached the quick serve values and regen stats. All the EGR values seems pretty good to me?? What do you guys think.

replyreply
05-08-2024, (Subject: Cummins X15 after treatment issues ) 
(05-07-2024 )Envirotec Wrote:  Here are photos of differential pressure sensor and where it mounts.

mounting block looks mostly clogged up.. needs to be removed and cleaned out along with the rest of the EGR piping and sensors.

That IMAP sensor looks bad too. It needs replacing.

as far as the photos go .. so far it looks like mostly just excessive soot due to engine problems and not coolant or oil so much.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Envirotec
(05-07-2024 )Envirotec Wrote:  more stuff photos lol. I attached the quick serve values and regen stats. All the EGR values seems pretty good to me?? What do you guys think.

Post a screen shot or 2 of the regen history.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Envirotec
(05-08-2024 )Rawze Wrote:  
(05-07-2024 )Envirotec Wrote:  Here are photos of differential pressure sensor and where it mounts.

mounting block looks mostly clogged up.. needs to be removed and cleaned out along with the rest of the EGR piping and sensors.

That IMAP sensor looks bad too. It needs replacing.

as far as the photos go .. so far it looks like mostly just excessive soot due to engine problems and not coolant or oil so much.

Could it just be a lot of soot like the freight train effect you mention and not be engine issues? If it is engine isssues, what causes this soot build up other than EGR clogging up?
replyreply
05-10-2024, (Subject: Cummins X15 after treatment issues ) 
(05-07-2024 )Envirotec Wrote:  more stuff photos lol. I attached the quick serve values and regen stats. All the EGR values seems pretty good to me?? What do you guys think.

I’ve attached Regen history. I’m not sure what the Hg and other reasons are suppose to be at. Again this truck filter and doc was baked about a month ago and then stupidly blown out in shop again.

replyreply
05-10-2024, (Subject: Cummins X15 after treatment issues ) 
(05-10-2024 )Envirotec Wrote:  

I’ve attached Regen history. I’m not sure what the Hg and other reasons are suppose to be at. Again this truck filter and doc was baked about a month ago and then stupidly blown out in shop again.

The last few most recent regen history numbers does not look too bad.

Maybe you just gotta get that soot out of the engine piping and sensors.

That and make sure it passes rail leak tests, CAC leak test, etc.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.