Prostar trouble
05-08-2024, (Subject: Prostar trouble ) 
Prostar trouble
Hey guys i have a 2017 prostar in my shop that another shop tried to uprate the HP but didnt know what they were doing. They didnt save an ecm template and programed it to some junk delete file. The problem is it wouldn’t communicate properly, none of the switches work, basically nothing in the configuration is correct. I programmed the ecm with a new file from quickserve per the vin but i have no ecm template. I can fix the speedo and basic parameters but idk how the clutch,brake,engine brake switches…ect are usually configured. Would anybody have any info on this? Or do you think IH could give me that info?
replyreply
05-08-2024, (Subject: Prostar trouble ) 
RE: Prostar trouble
I guess i should have specified that its a isx15 in it.
replyreply
05-09-2024, (Subject: Prostar trouble ) 
If nobody ever made an ecm template, or a backup of the truck specific settings, and also did not have a proper backup of the engine file via CT before screwing with it, ... then most often, the only way to get all of the vehicle/dash settings back is to take the ecm off the truck, and take it down to the stealers$it / pay them to re-flash the ecm + apply the factory template again, as if you were buying a brand new ecm from them. It typically costs a few hundred bucks.

BEFORE TAKING THE ECM TO THEM THOUGH ... pre-flash the right factory program back into it according to the engine/truck ser#, not some up-rated garbage that may not even be for a Prostar. This even if it is still missing all the dash/vehicle settings, using a blank Incal file. - It is far less of a headache (and is typically cheaper) for the moron at the stealers$it to simply only have to restore the truck-specific settings, instead of having to flash the whole thing + charge you extra for 'fleet counts' etc.. because it had the wrong program in it.

After that, the ecm re-installed on the truck, and the engine needs to be run for at least 10 minutes to settle/restore the ecm's ram memory,. etc. Then all the buttons, etc. in the dash verified to ensure everything is all working.

The engine file can them be backed up / copied out of the ecm via CT after it is all back working correctly, and the file is now clean and not boogered up by some idiot!.

=============
It then can be e-mailed to me and 'fixed' according to what power and other needs, whatever needs to be done within reason, and then simply copied back in.

Personally, I would bill the other shop for the costs of having to have the stealers$hit recover the lost settings + any labor for removing and re-installing the ecm, just to punish them for their idiot mistakes.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
05-09-2024, (Subject: Prostar trouble ) 
Yea its back to right calibration, I think i have the configuration close. The clutch and brake switch arent working. Currently they are set to cab controller #1. Idk if that’s correct or not.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.