Help with (possibly) butchered CM870
10-20-2016, (Subject: Help with (possibly) butchered CM870 ) 
RE: Help with (possibly) butchered CM870
If the proper sized turbo is used, and correct tuning done and the driver drives correctly, black out the pipes, high egt, and poor fuel mileage are not the huge issue made out to be.It may not be in this individuals plan at the moment to replace his manifold and turbo, although I do recommend the tune be verified safe by one of the experts, and adjusted accordingly. I agree the vgt has its place, but many have had good results with the proper fixed vane, our Australian counterparts come to mind. I've also noticed that the euro spec isx has gone away from the vgt for some reason. I'd like to see an apples to apples comparison of both, equal load, driving style, and horsepower/ tq rating. I do believe the vgt to be better in the lower power ranges, but as it increases I've found the gains start to diminish. Many people happy with both style turbos. I can only speak from my own experience, I've gad owners pleased with both
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.