Serpentine Belts on a ISX
10-20-2016, (Subject: Serpentine Belts on a ISX ) 
Serpentine Belts on a ISX
How often do you guys change your serpentine belts on your ISX?

I'm trying to figure out if I'm changing mine too soon. I've been replacing mine every 6 months. The guy at the parts counter says I don't need to change them that often.

Everybody's opinion is appreciated if you feel like chiming in.
replyreply
RE: Serpentine Belts on a ISX
I think once you start seeing them crack a bit no?
replyreply
If they start to squeal or if I notice a crack on either the outer band or the inner groves is when I change mine.
replyreply
10-21-2016, (Subject: Serpentine Belts on a ISX ) 
just keep in mind, if the belt goes and the waterpump stops pumping on a pull - it will probably at the bare minimum cook the head/gasket before you can pull over. i would change mine religiously at very early intervals.
replyreply
I change mine out once or twice a year, I hear anything I think is belt related I change the belts, both of them. Also, inspect the top tensioner pulley. I have replaced this tensioner pulley three times, the one closest to the AC compressor, they are good for around two years on my truck for some reason? I have a Gates brand pulley on there right now, put it on just before the in frame. Maybe it will last longer than the OEM ones, and it was half the price.

I would keep doing what you are doing, you know as well as most of us here, you cannot PM these trucks to much, and belts are cheaper than the alternative.
replyreply
I change mine out once or twice a year, I hear anything I think is belt related I change the belts, both of them. Also, inspect the top tensioner pulley. I have replaced this tensioner pulley three times, the one closest to the AC compressor, they are good for around two years on my truck for some reason? I have a Gates brand pulley on there right now, put it on just before the in frame. Maybe it will last longer than the OEM ones, and it was half the price.

I would keep doing what you are doing, you know as well as most of us here, you cannot PM these trucks to much, and belts are cheaper than the alternative.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.