ISX will not start.
10-10-2016, (Subject: ISX will not start. ) 
RE: ISX will not start.
Well my truck is continuing to give me fits. Loaded up a bulldozer and made it about 6 miles before it lost power....but will idle, but no throttle response, then if i have the throttle down a little it take off ....accelerated strongly for a few seconds and lose power again.
I had a friend who owns a mobile truck and trailer repair business come take a look and thinks it could be one of three things ECM, wiring harness or maybe ignition switch.
If it is a ecm what are my options for keeping my truck de-mandated? Who sells a good ecm for the money?
replyreply
Try the ignition switch first ,It's cheaper.
replyreply
When mine did this, exactly as yours. I replaced the vehicle speed sensor, and the sensors on the fuel pedal, and this did the trick. You sure need Insite, this how it was discovered.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
10-11-2016, (Subject: ISX will not start. ) 
The mechanic spent the day checking connections and looking at the wiring harnesses.....It is looking like the ecm is my problem.
Where is a good place to get an ecm?
Will it have to be programmed by Cummins, installed, then mandate removed? Will it run on the factory settings..... with the mandate removed in the rest of the engine? Am I going to have do the mandate removal the moment I install the new ecm?
Just checking to see what my options are.
replyreply
what codes are you picking up, don't be so fast to blame your ECM, could be a lot of things, when I had this issue it was with a Detroit, the ECM was grounding out due to a fuel hose that was rubbing against the ECM until the braid on the hose was exposed grounding out the ECU.

User's Signature: In the immortal words of Romeo as he gazed upon Juliet's eyes..."Wait...We Drank What?!"
replyreply
(10-11-2016 )Roysbigtoys Wrote:  The mechanic spent the day checking connections and looking at the wiring harnesses.....It is looking like the ecm is my problem.
Where is a good place to get an ecm?
Will it have to be programmed by Cummins, installed, then mandate removed? Will it run on the factory settings..... with the mandate removed in the rest of the engine? Am I going to have do the mandate removal the moment I install the new ecm?
Just checking to see what my options are.

If you know for sure you need a new ECM, your best bet is to contact the person who de-mandated it in a private chat or via phone towards getting a replacement sent to you.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
10-19-2016, (Subject: ISX will not start. ) 
I have a friend that has been running quite awhile with the lift pump not working, about 20,000 miles or so. He finally tracked down the inline fuse and replaces it. Last time they did his PM service they charged him extra to bleed the fuel system since the pump wasn't working so he decided he would fix it before the next PM. Replaced the fuse, pump ran but very noisy. He made it about 60 miles, shut the truck off and was out of the truck maybe 10 minutes. Now the truck won't start. Lift pump still comes on and is very noisy. Checked ecm breaker, it was good. Can the lift pump cause the high pressure pump to just go out? He is being towed right now. Trying to see if it could be anything simple. He has an 09 Prostar cm 871.

User's Signature: I don't know sh!t from shinola!
replyreply
10-20-2016, (Subject: ISX will not start. ) 
(10-19-2016 )Dcolumbia Wrote:  I have a friend that has been running quite awhile with the lift pump not working, about 20,000 miles or so. He finally tracked down the inline fuse and replaces it. Last time they did his PM service they charged him extra to bleed the fuel system since the pump wasn't working so he decided he would fix it before the next PM. Replaced the fuse, pump ran but very noisy. He made it about 60 miles, shut the truck off and was out of the truck maybe 10 minutes. Now the truck won't start. Lift pump still comes on and is very noisy. Checked ecm breaker, it was good. Can the lift pump cause the high pressure pump to just go out? He is being towed right now. Trying to see if it could be anything simple. He has an 09 Prostar cm 871.

YES it definitely can due to the fact that it feeds the gear pump BEFORE the filter.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
10-20-2016, (Subject: ISX will not start. ) 
Fortunately it was just the lift pump, still 1500+ with the tow. Thanks for the video, seems the anti flowback valve must have failed.

User's Signature: I don't know sh!t from shinola!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.