Shop crashed my truck....
10-11-2016, (Subject: Shop crashed my truck.... ) 
Shop crashed my truck....
My truck was at the shop getting some service and they moved it and the guy moving it didn't see a lube tank on wheels right in front of the truck. He pushed the tank towards the wall and crushed my hood. His shop insurance is coming to look at it but I'm afraid the truck will be out for a while.

My question is can I demand money for lost wages from the truck being down for repair due to this accident? Or ask for a rental? Is that reasonable?

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201610/post_2295_1476206534_630cdcb5a35b69f84b8f1a141ebc836b.jpg./uploads/201610/post_2295_1476206573_740d5a2d6243f9da9d066e10157ba9e6.jpg
replyreply
RE: Shop crashed my truck....
If it's only a day or so, you need to reasonably assess the value of your relationship.
Several days, and it becomes negotiable.
If it's going to be down for a week or more, Downtime, or supplying a rental is a reasonable request.

Of course all of this is relationship dependant, and that is something only you can answer.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
It all depends on how you negotiate with insurance. You can ask for whatever... question is, will you get it.
replyreply
(10-11-2016 )CFR__AND_SONS Wrote:  My truck was at the shop getting some service and they moved it and the guy moving it didn't see a lube tank on wheels right in front of the truck. He pushed the tank towards the wall and crushed my hood. His shop insurance is coming to look at it but I'm afraid the truck will be out for a while.

My question is can I demand money for lost wages from the truck being down for repair due to this accident? Or ask for a rental? Is that reasonable?

Anyone can make a mistake. ANYONE, so the question is not that they made a mistake,.. The question is WHAT are they going to do about it?.

Personally, If I had done that kind of damage, I would offer to help the person fix it because I can do fiberglass work myself,.. and somehow make it up to them as best possible ( or tell them to go get an estimate and give them the money no questions asked) within reason,.. but I am not a shop. i only try to help people as best I can but no one can predict an accident -- That is why it is called an Accident to begin with.

As a shop,.. If I were manager,.. I would make it right as best possible. Lots of pictures for the insurance adjuster,.. and off to get it fixed asap,... and YES, if it is a week+ to get it fixed,.. a rental truck -- here is the keys... -- But then that is just me. It is not the mistake that counts so much as what someone does to ease the problem and pain of the mistake within reasonable bounds.

Any shop that makes that kind of mistake, then tries to dodge the bullet and wait several days to make insurance claims and not offer something so speed the process of recovery but instead, wait around and make it harder for the customer -- Is an asse in my book.

Just my opinion -- Rawze.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.