Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Low oil pressure on gauge?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm going crazy right now. Fault code for low oil pressure, but does not shut down. This is oil that has been changed less than 5 hours ago of runtime, delvac 15/40 per Mhc rebuild instruction. This is a 2011ISX cm2250 450hp/ 1650 tq, col 3719 and only 4,000 miles on inframe. I'm guessing sensor is bad for oil pressure?
I would start with oil pressure sensor since it's pretty cheap to replace. What oil pressure are you getting? Was you're oil pump replaced with inframe?
Not sure if oil pump was replaced? It's not my truck but I could lease it. Truck was running 40 psi and 30 psi idle untill yesterday when it stated acting up. I figure if no oil was being pumped the engine would shut down per safety features???
What oil pressure are you getting now?
0 at high idle of 1000rpm. No engine shut down warning?
I would try sensor first, filter and if nothing after thathe you have a serious problem.
Pump seems to be original old looking. Where is the oil sensor?
Does Jakes still work good? It takes good oil pressure for those to work. Thats what I guage by when Im on the road and something like this happens to me.
Driver side of the engine by ecu
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's