Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: 2011 kw t660 heater not working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I bought my truck in January the heater was working and in summer time I shut off the coolant valves that go to heater because I wasn't going to be using my heater. Well a couple days ago I open up the valves to turn on my heater and now it's not blowing hot only cold. Any thoughts?
Heater core plugged up maybe? Do both lines get hot? Perhaps the blend door is stuck? Just a couple thoughts.
I think the temp knob on the cab is not working because when I turn it to hot on ac it doesn't change temp. I tried my sleeper heater and that works good blowing hot. So I'm thinking the knob on cab doesn't work. I'm going to double check my fuses.
There's a water control valve located in the engine compartment near the A/C box. Check out to see if it's operating. The valve is electric operated.
(11-18-2016 )jti2015 Wrote: [ -> ]There's a wvater control valve located in the engine compartment near the A/C box. Check out to see if it's operating. The valve is electric operated.

Should be located on the p/s firewall.

You could possibly pinch one of the coolant hoses off going into the heater core/coolant valve, see what that does. Or even tap the electronic coolant valve that was stated previous.

Stupid electronics.

I remember the old days when this was operated by a cable, and it use to cease up, and you had to lube up the mechanism to allow easy travel...
Reference URL's