Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Cab Controller issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone. Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

I have been having my "trac Ctrl" light come on when I hit my brakes. This is on a 2010 Prostar. It doesnt happen everytime i hit the brakes, but quite a bit. Its not because of wet conditions or from tire spinning. Any insight appreciated. I will post pics from codes from JPRO.
(12-29-2016 )PuroCumminsPower Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone. Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

I have been having my "trac Ctrl" light come on when I hit my brakes. This is on a 2010 Prostar. It doesnt happen everytime i hit the brakes, but quite a bit. Its not because of wet conditions or from tire spinning. Any insight appreciated. I will post pics from codes from JPRO.
The Differential lock switch in the front diff is giving erratic feedback. Check the entire length of the wiring harness that goes out to it. Likely you will find more problems somewhere.

Check the grounds to the starter and engine block. they love to corrode and turn green too.

When is the last time someone re-torqued the rear axle bearings. It needs to be done at least every 200k miles like clock-work on most trucks, yet everyone seems to neglect this until they have a bearing or hub-seal failure. It will cause intermittent traction control issues and/or abs alarms, inside edge tire wear on the rears, river wear patterns sometimes, and eventually blown wheel-seals and bad bearings. Prostars, or any other trucks with newer Eaton rear-ends are particularly susceptible to this.
Thank you Rawze for the feed back. I will do those things you mentioned.
mine does it too. but i noticed my i can hear my brake light relay not clicking in fuse panel till i push a little harder. usually in only stop and go traffic sensors are behind steering column inside cab haven't open up yet to see exact been told their pressure sensors. more than one so if trucks reading brake pressure but no brake light activated cruise control turns off and trac light comes on for a second.
Reference URL's