Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Cm870 upgrades
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Mine were brittle when I took them out for my Inframe at 620k miles and one broke where the nozzle met the plastic. It'd be too easy to crack one during the re-installation and have it fall apart. Then where would you be thinking all was good. Unfortunately there's no simple solution. Clear today, plugged tomorrow.
(01-22-2017 )Nilao Wrote: [ -> ]Mine were brittle when I took them out for my Inframe at 620k miles and one broke where the nozzle met the plastic. It'd be too easy to crack one during the re-installation and have it fall apart. Then where would you be thinking all was good. Unfortunately there's no simple solution. Clear today, plugged tomorrow.

Yeah that's why I was asking, the crappy part is the potential damages from a plugged piston cooling jet aren't a very promising prospect either.
I was kinda thinking like the head being replaced at 500k miles, maybe the piston jets get replaced too as a precaution. That's the only thing I could think of as a remotely acceptable level of risk.
(01-22-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-22-2017 )Nilao Wrote: [ -> ]Mine were brittle when I took them out for my Inframe at 620k miles and one broke where the nozzle met the plastic. It'd be too easy to crack one during the re-installation and have it fall apart. Then where would you be thinking all was good. Unfortunately there's no simple solution. Clear today, plugged tomorrow.

Yeah that's why I was asking, the crappy part is the potential damages from a plugged piston cooling jet aren't a very promising prospect either.
I was kinda thinking like the head being replaced at 500k miles, maybe the piston jets get replaced too as a precaution. That's the only thing I could think of as a remotely acceptable level of risk.

On a good note, it was running fine till it got tore down, even with a plugged up jet. Front cover was leakin pretty bad, owner decided to do the whole thing while he had a spare truck. It's on the flip side now though.
(01-22-2017 )Rig Wrench Wrote: [ -> ]On a good note, it was running fine till it got tore it down, even with a plugged ip jet. Front cover was leakin pretty bad, owner decided to do the whole thing while he had a spare truck. It's on the flip side now though.

Very clean on the engine paint job. Was that a frame out job?

The pride in workmanship is visible.
(01-22-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-22-2017 )Rig Wrench Wrote: [ -> ]On a good note, it was running fine till it got tore it down, even with a plugged ip jet. Front cover was leakin pretty bad, owner decided to do the whole thing while he had a spare truck. It's on the flip side now though.

Very clean on the engine paint job. Was that a frame out job?

The pride in workmanship is visible.

Thanks. Shoulda been an outa frame. But no, just alot of scrubbing, sanding and painting. Most that I do are not quick turnover, but high detail, every prevention is taken.
A cat from a while back
The C15/16 hybrid
In its home
I like the white.
There is just something about an engine painted to match the unit it's in.
If I pull mine from the frame for the next rebuild, I intend to paint it to match.
:waaaht: blasphemy! OMG, I'm actually thinking of painting my ISX yellow! (And black)
(01-22-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote: [ -> ]I like the white.
There is just something about an engine painted to match the unit it's in.
If I pull mine from the frame for the next rebuild, I intend to paint it to match.
:waaaht: blasphemy! OMG, I'm actually thinking of painting my ISX yellow! (And black)

My wife wanted ours painted gold. lol.

Personally, I think polished and clear coated would look good too.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's