Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: After treatment dozer valve operation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is my question and then an explanation of the scenario. When does the dozer valve release fuel into the exhaust system? I know it operates during a regen . However, after I serviced the dozer valve, I had forgotten to tighten up the two boats mounting the valve to the pipe. They were not super loose but loose enough that when I started driving the truck with an empty trailer, fuel was leaking onto the outside of the exhaust pipes causing white smoke. I quickly realized that I had forgotten to tighten up the bolts, and when I did the problem went away. My question is does the dozer valve release fuel constantly? I do not think it was doing a regen when I started driving it as I thought the lights on my dash would show me that.
(01-08-2017 )RSCTRANS Wrote: [ -> ]Here is my question and then an explanation of the scenario. When does the dozer valve release fuel into the exhaust system? I know it operates during a regen . However, after I serviced the dozer valve, I had forgotten to tighten up the two boats mounting the valve to the pipe. They were not super loose but loose enough that when I started driving the truck with an empty trailer, fuel was leaking onto the outside of the exhaust pipes causing white smoke. I quickly realized that I had forgotten to tighten up the bolts, and when I did the problem went away. My question is does the dozer valve release fuel constantly? I do not think it was doing a regen when I started driving it as I thought the lights on my dash would show me that.

The doser does not release fuel constantly, and if it doe's you likely have a bad doser.
That's what I thought. Going to replace it tomorrow. Thanks for your response as it only confirms what my thoughts were.
You have mention two bolts holding injector so I assume you have 2250.
Use the insite test for fuel doser. There is two valves for aftertreatment fuel. Aftertreatment fuel shutoff manifold and doser valve itself.
Reference URL's