Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: ISX15 cm2350 Gear(Lift) fuel pump
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone.Is there any check valve or pressure regulator on this pump to be checked?
When measuring gear fuel pump pressure I see fluctuation.This fluctuation is worse under driving condition and hi rpm 1400-1600.Engine run rough and no power.What can cause this?Fuel system primed,no air in return line and no inlet restriction.No fault codes.
Thanks in advance.
As far as the main fuel rail pressure is concerned...

How much it is allowed to fluctuate,.. I do not know, but I do know it is normal to go up and down by quite a little bit.

It is normal for the pressure to fluctuate. It is a bypass/charging circuit system with an accumulator, meaning it will charge to a certain pressure,.. bleed off as the fuel is used,.. and re-charge when if reaches a minimum pressure that makes the pump kick back in and top it off again.
(01-11-2017 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]How much it is allowed to fluctuate,.. I do not know, but I do know it is normal to go up and down by quite a little bit.

It is normal for the pressure to fluctuate. It is a bypass/charging circuit system with an accumulator, meaning it will charge to a certain pressure,.. bleed off as the fuel is used,.. and re-charge when if reaches a minimum pressure that makes the pump kick back in and top it off again.

Thanks for the replay.I am concerned about this fluctuation because,when I bought the gauge a year ago and try it for first time I remember the arrow on the gauge was steady,no any move 160 psi at idle.Now is shaking +/-50 at idle and up to 150/200 at hi rpm.Do not looks normal for me.
Reference URL's