Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Outboard 2 cycle oil?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you had a demandated cm2250 would there be any reason you might want to run outboard oil. I really like it in my older diesels. I know this is a totally different animal but seems like that high pressure system might like alittle more lube.
I've read that article. That's were I got the idea. I notice in my other older equipment that it seems to clean injectors. Not sure how or maybe the equipment just cleaned up from hard use after I bought it. I have a old iron, and farming habit. Any how is their something in 2 cycle outboard oil that cleans up carbon in the combustion camber?
Buddy of mine runs it in his Powerstroke. He says it runs smoother and better.
(01-13-2017 )Magard Wrote: [ -> ]I've read that article. That's were I got the idea. I notice in my other older equipment that it seems to clean injectors. Not sure how or maybe the equipment just cleaned up from hard use after I bought it. I have a old iron, and farming habit. Any how is their something in 2 cycle outboard oil that cleans up carbon in the combustion camber?

Dude, you are trying to improve the mandate elimination... LOL! Pretty sweet eh?
It is said that there is no liquid cure if you have clogged injectors, but there are a couple products that will help prevent it.
Waterloo, Just don't like to leave any stones unturned. You know!! Hey!!
I ve always used two stroke oil when i would run jet-A (Jet fuel has very little lubricates in it and is close to K1) in my powerstroke. The fuel farm where i used to work was sumped daily to check for water. With Jet A in the truck it didnt have as much power and get as good mpg as diesel but free is good! Also i use walmart 2 stroke in my C12 but only in very small quanities and have no data but i feel its helping my engine. FWIW
Reference URL's