Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Oil pan drain valves....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone on here run an oil pan drain valve? If so what brand?, any problems with leaking? I was just looking at a FUMOTO online....... It sure would be handy.
I'm running a fumoto. No leaks at all. Just install and good to go. Comes with a rubber gasket. No need for teflon or anything on threads. Works awesome during oil changes or if you want to send oil sample.
(04-15-2017 )JMBT Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone on here run an oil pan drain valve? If so what brand?, any problems with leaking? I was just looking at a FUMOTO online....... It sure would be handy.

I'm not familiar with the FUMOTO one, this is what I use (standard version). https://www.nospillsystems.com
I also have welded a bung and installed one on the lower steel rad hose.
The threading on of the drain hose is what opens the valve. When closed, if it does leak it has a protective cap that is o-ring sealed for double protection. It threads on in place of the drain hose. The oil plug has been on my truck for 5 years, and the coolant one for two. Neither one leaks externally. There is always a drop or two of coolant under the cap on that one, but I kinda expected that.
They make for very clean servicing. I drain the used oil directly into two empty 5 gallon pails and rarely spill more the one or two drops.

edit: after looking up FUMOTO online, that is what is on my APU. The engine is housed in a box, whereas your truck engine is not necessarily that protected. I would recommend the No Spill System instead, as it is a "captured and redundant" system with a protective cap.
Thanks for the replies and info guys!
I have one, came on the truck when I bought it, small ball valve, no idea who made it. It has never leaked.

Unilevers

(04-15-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-15-2017 )JMBT Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone on here run an oil pan drain valve? If so what brand?, any problems with leaking? I was just looking at a FUMOTO online....... It sure would be handy.

I'm not familiar with the FUMOTO one, this is what I use (standard version). https://www.nospillsystems.com
I also have welded a bung and installed one on the lower steel rad hose.
The threading on of the drain hose is what opens the valve. When closed, if it does leak it has a protective cap that is o-ring sealed for double protection. It threads on in place of the drain hose. The oil plug has been on my truck for 5 years, and the coolant one for two. Neither one leaks externally. There is always a drop or two of coolant under the cap on that one, but I kinda expected that.
They make for very clean servicing. I drain the used oil directly into two empty 5 gallon pails and rarely spill more the one or two drops.

edit: after looking up FUMOTO online, that is what is on my APU. The engine is housed in a box, whereas your truck engine is not necessarily that protected. I would recommend the No Spill System instead, as it is a "captured and redundant" system with a protective cap.

the no spill one is called a femco plug. they are very high quality and i ran them for years on over 200 pieces of iron and never had a single one fail in the 3+ years i was responsible for them. they are a well built product.
I've installed 2 ((one brass like fumoto, one chromed like)) no leaks in 1 year

I have a 2350 that the pan comes with the drain at the end of it,by the gear box, that part holds 3/4 gal of oil that I must drain otherwise I'll have a contaminated fresh oil

So one at the front right side and the other at the back...works great

I've even "manufactured " a plastic cap of a clear 1/2 " hose closed at one end to keep the debris out of the end of the valve
Reference URL's