Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Auto-shift programming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anybody know if the Eaton Auto-shift can be reprogrammed?
I have a buddy that pulls un-baffled tankers, and the default programming for the auto-shift is not timed correctly to minimize the "sloshing" of product and can make for some rather erratic shifting.
If yes, what software would be required, & has anyone tackled this and have any suggestions?

Thanks
Yes, it can be. We have the eaton program at the shop. I'll get the exact name of it tomorrow
There is one method I know but it's become somewhat of a lost art. You may have difficulty finding relevant documentation. General procedure is to run a stick straight up through the floor into the right hand of a human being. Not that I'd know from personal experience but apparently it's been done with relative success.
I thought of putting my prostar on sulphur but was warned of that problem so I decided not too. After talking to alot if the guys who run autos, most seem to run in manual mode during acceleration. Those non baffled tankers throw everything so far out of whack that i really don't know if programming would help.

If you end up finding it does, please let me know!

Unilevers

its called service ranger and the shift points and severity as well as the performance mode can be tailored.
Reference URL's