Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Factory boost gauge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a kenworth t800 with a factory boost guage I hits 40 psi fairly easy and will stay there tell I ease off peddle . Was wondering if I should add a mechanical boost guage and see what it says before having my tune adjusted again?
It is reading off of your ECM, you can put a mechanical on, but I doubt it would make much of a difference. If I were you I would turn off the cruise and or take your foot out of it and be a bit gentler with the truck.
(05-27-2017 )little john Wrote: [ -> ]I have a kenworth t800 with a factory boost guage I hits 40 psi fairly easy and will stay there tell I ease off peddle . Was wondering if I should add a mechanical boost guage and see what it says before having my tune adjusted again?

(assuming it is custom tuned and de-mandated for a moment) - If I owned it, I would definitely have the boost lowered to about 36 -37 psi just for engine longevity sake.
Ok. Thank you rawze
It is custom tuned . I'll talk to unilevers again about getting it adjusted down some . Thanks
I really don't run it that hard most of the time. But we do pull a lot of hills and I do have to really light peddle it to keep boost down when pulling our hills
Reference URL's