Factory boost gauge
05-27-2017, (Subject: Factory boost gauge ) 
Factory boost gauge
I have a kenworth t800 with a factory boost guage I hits 40 psi fairly easy and will stay there tell I ease off peddle . Was wondering if I should add a mechanical boost guage and see what it says before having my tune adjusted again?
replyreply
RE: Factory boost gauge
It is reading off of your ECM, you can put a mechanical on, but I doubt it would make much of a difference. If I were you I would turn off the cruise and or take your foot out of it and be a bit gentler with the truck.
replyreply
(05-27-2017 )little john Wrote:  I have a kenworth t800 with a factory boost guage I hits 40 psi fairly easy and will stay there tell I ease off peddle . Was wondering if I should add a mechanical boost guage and see what it says before having my tune adjusted again?

(assuming it is custom tuned and de-mandated for a moment) - If I owned it, I would definitely have the boost lowered to about 36 -37 psi just for engine longevity sake.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Ok. Thank you rawze
replyreply
It is custom tuned . I'll talk to unilevers again about getting it adjusted down some . Thanks
replyreply
05-28-2017, (Subject: Factory boost gauge ) 
I really don't run it that hard most of the time. But we do pull a lot of hills and I do have to really light peddle it to keep boost down when pulling our hills
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.