Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: B#ully do$#g
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does any have any experience using bu#$lly do%@gs programmer?
You are unlikely to have any positive reviews of much of anything BullvDog on this site. I am not familiar with their hardware products, however the fact that their programming is quite inferior is common knowledge around here.
The proper way to program an ECM is to get an Inline connector, usually a Chinese knockoff version procured from eBay, along with a laptop and install Insite v 7.6.2 or similar.
(06-09-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote: [ -> ]You are unlikely to have any positive reviews of much of anything BullvDog on this site. I am not familiar with their hardware products, however the fact that their programming is quite inferior is common knowledge around here.
The proper way to program an ECM is to get an Inline connector, usually a Chinese knockoff version procured from eBay, along with a laptop and install Insite v 7.6.2 or similar.

I kinda figured as much, they aren't well liked in the small diesel world either . Figured I'd ask anyways
The main problem with those big name big advertised diesel power tune and delete companies is that they have no absolute clue how the combustion process works in these modern diesel engines. They are all still stuck in the in the stone age, where they pour fuel and air into cylinders against the ECUs will, making it fool your dash into thinking you are getting 3 mpg more and all kinds of other damaging practices that are harmful to an engine. It is almost unfathomable how incredibly dumb the guys doing those tuning and programming for those companies really are. they all seem to be hell bent on hanging out on auto tuning forums where they spread their mis-information and bad practices amongst themselves like it is some glorious thing. it is absolutely sad, especially knowing so many truck owners get duped by that crap shi#t they spew into peoples trucks, bragging about it like it is something to behold.

I have seen the work from all those places over and over and if your lucky, it is just terrible, but if you are among the bulk of unlucky ones,.. outright engine destroying garbage.
Laptop, Inline, MM... Problem solved. Much cheaper than a BullyDog in the long run. Especially after the in frame or a ventilated block. Just saying, and just my .02.
Reference URL's