Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Ultracapacitors, Are they worth it?,...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
We have always run AGM batteries. I change them every 2 years like clockwork while they are still good and use the batteries for other projects (like backup power to this website).
(05-29-2016 )biscuits and gravy Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for starting this thread about the Uktra capacitors and also highlighting the AGMs.

The prices on the AGMs are more reasonable now and I'm thinking I should make the move soon to the AGMs.

Shop around, they go on sale now and then. I have the Fleetrite made by East Penn, group 31, caught them on sale at the International dealer. They should be having that sale again, International tends to keep a regular cycle on their specials. I think the AGMs will be on sale in the next month or two along with the AC compressors.
AGMS are?? Would deep cylce marine batteries, or blue top optima would be good for hotel loads?
If you're the kind of driver who thinks trucks can go thru 2 feet of water, lookout. That explosion Rawze was referring to will happen. Think about the height of the batteries in a Peterbilt...or a Volvo.
(08-22-2017 )bossboy2 Wrote: [ -> ]If you're the kind of driver who thinks trucks can go thru 2 feet of water, lookout. That explosion Rawze was referring to will happen. Think about the height of the batteries in a Peterbilt...or a Volvo.

Blow the cab off of the frame... I have enough issues with this truck, explosions are not in the narrative. I'll stick with my AGMs.
Speaking of the AGM's, do you need anything special to use them? I.E, a new/upgraded alternator? Anything like that?
(08-22-2017 )bossboy2 Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking of the AGM's, do you need anything special to use them? I.E, a new/upgraded alternator? Anything like that?

Nope, I have all OEM original on board, alternator, cabling (I did replace 100 feet of it with good welding cable due to shitty factory cabling). But, I do have a 3400 watt stereo system that I installed what, two years ago? I put a small AGM in my cab, in the closet. I have the three amps hooked to it, with an ignition controlled selonoid between it and the 4 main truck batteries. That little AGM carries the load and is charged via the alternator when the key is on. No issues with any of the batteries. And I know for a fact, that little AGM has started this truck. ;-)
Does no one carried AGM??
(06-22-2018 )74bassman Wrote: [ -> ]Does no one carried AGM??

I got mine at MHC in mcdunough,... they work great for us.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's